We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panama City Beach

Knoxville, Tennessee
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Panama City Beach

Is late August a good time to visit Panama City Beach?

ny
Level Contributor
193 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panama City Beach

That is when we are visiting and it seems like a good time as some kids are back in school. Also after looking at alot of calendars for availability for condos in August it seems from about Aug 13 and on there is plenty of availability. Im assuming from that it would be a good time to go.

Georgia
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panama City Beach

Yes. Actually looking at rates, the end of August is when the rates drop pretty drastically! And it is still nice and hot. If my kids didn't start school in August I would probably try to plan a 2nd vacay to PCB late August when the prices drop.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panama City Beach

It's hurricane season, but there will be very few people left on the beach. Everyone is back at school and it's still hot and the water is warm.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Panama City Beach

YES!! This will be our first time NOT going at that time but my husband is a teacher now so we have to go at peak times :(

Late August is perfect in PCB, we've never had weather issues but there is always that chance. The ONLY issue we've ever had was Margaritaville not having their balcony seating open because it was the end of summer. That type of the thing I would just check on in advance.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Panama City Beach

If I'm not mistaken, ANY time is a great time to go to PCB!! :) But yes, August would be a very nice time of the year to go. Kids will be heading back to school, so the beaches/roads should be more calm than during the peak months.

Have fun!

6. Re: Panama City Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 17:18