We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hammerhead Freds

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hammerhead Freds

Is it worth a visit? Is it kid friendly?

How about the Pizza from Joeys?

Breakers on the Beach?

Harpoon Harrys?

Sharkys Beachfront and Tiki Bar?

All of these are on the half price deal is why I'm inquiring...

Edited: 04 July 2011, 22:36
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hammerhead Freds

I can only speak about Joey's Pizza. Their pizza is actually pretty good. I've never been to the other places though.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hammerhead Freds

Underwhelmed with Hammerhead Fred's. Food is fair. Would not call the atmosphere kid friendly. Been over a year since we have been there.

Sharkys has great location with mediocre food.

Joey's pizza very good. Bubba's pizza (west end on back beach road) also very good and same New York style pizza. Owners also run a coffee shop next door and have great breakfast. Not on the half price deal, but might be worth a try.

Know nothing about Breakers. Good luck.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hammerhead Freds

I'm a Mellow Mushroom person. Very good pizza, subs and salads. I like Hammerhead Fred's. Though I will say the food is ok. Both I think are kid friendly. I was there a few months ago. Stay away from Sharky's. IMO the food is horrible and service even worse.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hammerhead Freds

We have had just so-so food at Sharky's but we were considering doing the deal you're talking about to use on just drinks while our kids play on the pirate ship playground area. Be warned though, it (the pirate ship) doesn't look anything like the photos on the Sharky's website. Still a lot of fun though. The restaurant's location right on the beach is really nice but we love Barefoot Beach Club which is right down from Sharky's with good prices and a great outdoors beach view for everyone.

Genesee Depot...
Level Contributor
394 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hammerhead Freds

FYI Joey's Pizza is now called Panama Pizzeria, same location, New York Style. Very good too.

http://www.panamapizzeria.com/

Genesee Depot...
Level Contributor
394 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hammerhead Freds

Sorry disregard my above post, I was in reference to Joeys II on the west end.

Alabama
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hammerhead Freds

Thanks to all for the input!

8. Re: Hammerhead Freds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 02:18