We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seaweed

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
380 posts
116 reviews
seaweed

seaweed arrived big tme over night. be prepared if heading to PCB in next few days.

Tip71tam
Level Contributor
50 posts
1. Re: seaweed

Where are you staying? East or West end???? I have been keeping up with it.....that stinks. we will be there on the 16th.......hope it clears up.....we can handle a little......but sure would like some pretty clear water

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: seaweed

Isn't it called "june grass"?

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
3. Re: seaweed

We just returned from Rosemary Beach and had friends in Watercolor-the seaweed was horrible the entire stretch of 30a. Very disappointing!

dothan
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: seaweed

they are saying on PCB news which we get here in Dothan that is is expected to be around awhile...by awhile they said until the end of August!! But I dont know how they can predict that. They say it has been worse than usual...

Murfreesboro, Tn
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
5. Re: seaweed

We are here now on the west end (I think, we at Seychelles) and the seaweed is here, but honestly it's hit and miss even in front of our condo, If you go out just a little more you won't see anything at all. The water is crystal clear. I'd rather deal with the seaweed any day over the algae! =)

Murfreesboro, Tn
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
6. Re: seaweed

Ok, I'm a goober, we're on the east end of PCB =)

I couldn't figure out how to edit my post =)

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
380 posts
116 reviews
7. Re: seaweed

stayed at Ocean Villa, near walmart. so much seaweed, people are writing big messages on beach with it...lol its everywhere up and down beach and in water...good luck all.

Georgia
Level Contributor
477 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: seaweed

You know we have been going to PCB for years and last year was the first time we experienced problems with the June grass. We went in June of 2010 and July of 2010 and both times it was everywhere. We went this year in June 2011 and the first day was clear but then the June grass moved in and it was bad the rest of the week. We were going to head to PCB in August before the kids went back to school but decided to do Pigeon Forge instead because of the June grass.

Cadiz, KY
Level Contributor
24 posts
113 reviews
9. Re: seaweed

We're staying at TideWater now, and it's HORRIBLE! It smells like dead fish. And, as for the TideWater Resort beach - I don't recommend it. We've collected light bulbs, ink pens, cans, bottles, wire, all sorts of trash. They really do not take care of their beach here. I've not seen ONE single sea weed tractor run here to pull the dried stuff off the beach. And right now the water looks almost black due to all the sea weed. It's very disappointing. We were in Sanibel Island last year, and the waters there were beautiful - crystal clear. This is water I wouldn't want to touch my feet, and when it does - take a shower. You end up smelling like dead fish!

Canyon, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
10. Re: seaweed

We are here right now and the water looks almost black!! Stinks as well!! Does anyone know if there is a clear beach between PCB and Destin?

Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach