We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Panama City!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
New to Panama City!

We are heading to PCB in 3 weeks (2nd week of October), and we have never been. We are staying at Splash and was wondering what your recommendations were for eating/things to do? What should we make sure we don't miss? We know we want to go to Angelo's, Pineapple Willy's, and Margaritaville for sure. Thanks for any and all input! :)

Bryant, AL.
Level Contributor
299 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New to Panama City!

Take an evening to check out Pier Park, there are alot of different shops & restaurants/bars. One of our favorite places to eat is Montego Bay, if we are in PCB for a week then we will eat there twice.

Mentioned in this post
Trenton Ohio
Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to Panama City!

We like Shuckums and Dusty's also.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New to Panama City!

If you really like seafood, I'd recommend Hunt's Oyster Bar and The Captain's Table. Some people are turned off by Hunt's because it's a dive, but it was a recommendation from a local couple. It's always busy!

Other restaurants we like is Liza's Kitchen (sandwiches) and Andy's Flour Power.

Definitely check out Pier Park. I know it's a mall, but it's very nice and has a lot of shopping/restaurants. If you are looking for something nature-esque, I would recommend St. Andrew's Bay State Park.

If you are into fishing, I would also suggest doing some deep sea fishing while you're in town.

Have fun! You will love PCB!

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
688 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New to Panama City!

Hey, maybe we'll see each other!! We're going down then too. (8th-15th) and we're staying at Splash, too.

I'm really looking forward to going to PCB. We've never been and it looks awesome!!

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New to Panama City!

Get the Coconut Shrimp when your at Margaritaville. It was so Mmm Mmm good. Margaritaville is in Pier park so you can spend some time shopping after dinner. Schooners was pretty enjoyable with the live band they had playing, food was so so.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
86 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New to Panama City!

Angelo just might be close by the time you get there and if is go down to triple j steak house on thomas drive or drive down to pier 77 for some good seafood there on thomas to. Pineapple willys great view and thats about it for that place with us there a lot better bar-b-q places.

Madison, AL
Level Contributor
406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New to Panama City!

I second Pier 77 for some great seafood! It's a hole in a wall type place, but it's great and people are nice too! They always have $1.49 margaritas! Also, if you like pizza we really liked Panama Pizzeria on Front Beach Road, its like a new york style pizza. We ordered a large for myself, husband and son and had to take back half back to our condo! Really good the next day too!

There are all kinds of things to do in Panama city beach, we enjoy putt-putt, and we wanted to take one of those dolphin tours, but not enough time, but I heard those are really fun!

Have a great time on your trip, you will love it!

Mentioned in this post
Panama City Beach
Panama City Beach
5,136 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Murfreesboro...
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New to Panama City!

We really enjoyed Dusty's. The oysters were awesome :))

IN
Level Contributor
457 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New to Panama City!

Another vote for Pier 77! It's not fancy (a mom & pop type place) but the food is good and they treat you well. My absolute favorite place to go is The Boatyard....be sure to get the Gouda Cheese Grits!!

Personally, I avoid the chain restaurants while I'm down there. However, I will go out to eat with a snow-bird friend of mind and she prefers the chain restaurants so I will go with her.

I also like Panama Pizzeria. I stopped in there on my first day at the beach last November to order a pizza. Since they sold it by the slice, I just got a couple to go. They were HUGE and the two were larger than a medium and maybe even a large pizza around here.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New to Panama City!

Mellow Mushroom on Thomas Drive for pizza and cheesesteaks. Love that stuff. And unfortunately I do believe you will miss Angelo's. They close Oct. 15. We also love Captain's Table and Hunt's back across the bridge. Shuckum's is good. Schooners is good for drinks and listening to the band. Food is so so. If seafood is not the only thing you want, there's a place on front beach called Pasta Grille that is absolutely wonderful italian. They are also open for breakfast and lunch with pizza and sandwiches. Also you can always buy some shrimp, potatoes, sausage and corn and do a shrimp boil or have Buddy's do the cooking for you. We just got back and had a blast.

Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach