We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach weather in late November 2011???

New Orleans...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
beach weather in late November 2011???

We are headed to Laguna Beach/Panama City Beach for 9 days beginning the 18th of November. Any idea what kind of weather we can expect. I sure do wanna come back with a tan! and any other suggestions on what to do are welcome! Thank you!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Panama City Beach
Panama City Beach
5,396 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach weather in late November 2011???

It really depends, but expect cooler temps this time of year. We went 11/09, and it was sooooo windy and cold!!! It was usually in the 50's, but I think one day was in the low 60's. That's too cold for me personally.

However, my first trip to PCB was 11/01 (right after Thanksgiving) and we were in the pool and at the beach most of the time. I don't remember the temps, I just remember it being sunny and warm enough for me to get into a bikini.

I love PCB and can't wait to go back. I have a lot of reviews of restaurants posted on TA, so feel free to check those out. I would highly recommend Firefly for a (really) nice dinner and Sweet Racks for BBQ. Pier Park is an outdoor shopping mall with a lot of stores and restaurants and they always seem to have some form of entertainment going on there. Also, if you like to fish, I would suggest a deep sea fishing trip as well. We have used Jubilee the last two years and have been very satisfied.

Have fun!!

New Orleans...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach weather in late November 2011???

Thank you so much for responding! We will arrive 11/18/11 n depart 11/26/11. The rental is in Laguna Beach. Want to come home with a tan :) We don't get in the water, only my husband does when he is surf fishing, but not too far from the shore, few yards. Just want the beach and the sun! Go to a few parks, walk, ride our bikes....just really want outdoors sunny weather! Thanks for the response. Will check out your restaurant reviews too!

IN
Level Contributor
457 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach weather in late November 2011???

I'm normally there around that time and although I don't know the official "average" temperature for that time of year, I"ve had highs in the mid 50's all the way up to the 70's. Other than people walking the beach and/or shell hunting & fishing, you won't see a lot of beach activity or swimming in the gulf. On a warmer day, you might see some but not much. I'm a die-hard so if the temps are in the mid to upper 50's, I'm laying out by the pool if it is not too windy and/or cloudy. If it is too windy, I will sit out on the balcony which "helps" to block some of the wind.

I actually prefer this time of year as opposed to the peak season/summer. I couldn't take the heat & humidity in the summer and it's far less congested at November/December!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good trip.

New Orleans...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach weather in late November 2011???

Thank you so much for responding! doing some research on renting a boat to get to Shell Island and tool around a bit. We own a bay boat, so we know how to handle one, just want one we can rent and go out in without a tour.

Mentioned in this post
Shell Island
Shell Island
1,789 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
5. Re: beach weather in late November 2011???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2012, 06:16