We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is open in the winter?

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
What is open in the winter?

Mu husband and I are coming into the area for the month of Feb. Are most of the normal restaurants open or closed? Is Pier Park open? How is the weather typically during this time?

Panama City Beach...
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is open in the winter?

Pier Park is open year round. 10 am Monday thru Sat. 12pm Sundays. Some of the restaurants close for the winter but many are open. Depends what you are looking for. Weather is currently in the low 60s and it should be the same in Feb.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is open in the winter?

I have noticed that a lot more places seem to stay open now throughout the winter months - this wasn't the case the first time I visited with my parents (or at least that's what it seemed like).

I would just call before going....just to make sure. Also I have noticed even in non-winter months that some places are either closed Sunday or Monday (or both). Again, just call before-hand. We tried to hit up Sweet Rack's on a Monday, and they were closed when we drove over the bridge.

My personal favorite restaurants are Firefly (very nice), Sweet Rack's (BBQ), Liza's Kitchen (sandwiches), Andy's Flour Power (bakery and breakfast), Red Rose Jem Pizzeria (uh...pizza!). There are so many good places to choose from.

Enjoy your trip!!!!

pensacola
Level Contributor
711 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is open in the winter?

Winter is a quiet and peaceful time at the beach. All the seasonal shops are closed for renavation as well as many of the restaurants. There is still enough open to meet most needs. Bring enough stuff to occupy your time and just relax. The weather can be iffy...this is not South Florida. The sun may be out shining brightly, but the wind can be chilly (but nothing like Cleveland!!!). You will always Canadians out at the pool and on the beach....I quess this is like summer for them. Enjoy.

St. Augustine...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is open in the winter?

Although Dec-Feb are the off season for Panama City Beach, many places are still open.

Pier Park is open year round and offer plenty of fabulous shopping and several restaurant choices. There are also lots of great restaurants in addition to Pier Park, Salt Water Grill, Fire Fly, Montego Bay and lots more.

Souvenir shops, attractions such as Gulf World, Ripley's Believe it or not and WonderWorks are all open year round.

The Gulf will be cold in February and the weather is normally still a little cool. Day time temperatures can range from 50-60 but expect temperatures to drop at night.

Plenty to do but not at all crowded during this time.

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What is open in the winter?

We just got back from a short trip and ate at Dustys Oyster bar both nights...delicious food and reasonable prices. Took a drive up to seaside and looked around...beautiful place.

6. Re: What is open in the winter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2013, 10:18