We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandpiper Beacon Resort nice? worth it?

Rome, Georgia
Level Contributor
22 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Sandpiper Beacon Resort nice? worth it?

We are looking to keep toddlers and preschooler happy. The pice is steep, but looks like they offer much. They are offering a 2 room 3 bed unit for around a $1000 at peak for 4 nights.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandpiper Beacon Resort nice? worth it?

Wow that sounds high. I've heard mixed reviews of this resort. For that price I'd look into renting something from VRBO.

Alabama
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandpiper Beacon Resort nice? worth it?

That may be high. But a lot of reasons why people stay there is because all of the activities! You usually won't find all of the family-friendly amenities and activities at a condo.

My family loves the place. It can get a little expensive especially during the Summer months but they have sooo much to do there like a Hula Polynesian Show, movie nights, beach games, karaoke, live music, face painting, and other stuff as well.

Indiana
Level Contributor
367 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandpiper Beacon Resort nice? worth it?

Firend of mine stay at Holiday Inn Sunspree and loved it, has splash area kids can run around in and a nice pool, also theres Splash Condo down on the far west end, it looks like a kids paradise, never stayed there,but it looks fun for kids look in vrbo

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandpiper Beacon Resort nice? worth it?

For 4 nights, that is high. You could rent a nice condo for that amount of money on VRBO.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
327 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandpiper Beacon Resort nice? worth it?

No way would I pay a grand for four nights anywhere! I've also seen some really negative reviews of the Sandpiper.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
97 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandpiper Beacon Resort nice? worth it?

We stayed at the Sandpiper Beacon two years ago. It does have a lot of nice amenities for the kids, but for that kind of money you can rent a really nice condo. I felt the rooms at the Sandpiper were outdated and the walls are very thin. We could hear people arguing on one side of us and kids running above us. We are going back this summer and renting a 3 bedroom 2 bath condo for about $500 less than we paid at the Sandpiper. You could always take them to the waterpark for a day or two and still spend less money.

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandpiper Beacon Resort nice? worth it?

I also suggest www.vrbo.com It takes awhile to search through the rentals but I have always been pleased after about 8 years of vrbo rentals. So it is worth the time IMO.

Good luck finding a place.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandpiper Beacon Resort nice? worth it?

We stayed next door to Splash and I would recommend it for kids.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Level Contributor
451 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandpiper Beacon Resort nice? worth it?

What specific dates?

It is a fun place for kids to keep busy, but it is outdated.

Keep in mind, it's peek season now and for example next week for 4 nites per kayak

Holiday inn sun spree - 255 plus tax

Hampton Inn by pier park 188

Comfort suites 175

So for a 2 room that may be correct......

If funds available I'd look at Holiday Inn Sunspree.

Vrbo is way to go, but most will only do weekly rentals in peek season ( I only do that with mine )

But try you may find something. Best of luck

10. Re: Sandpiper Beacon Resort nice? worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 22:16