We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area of PCB

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
119 posts
284 reviews
Save Topic
Area of PCB

When I go on VRBO to look for condos in PCB they list the condos by area - Gulf Resort Beach, Bahama Beach, Gulf Lagoon Beach etc. Can anyone tell me if there are major differences in these areas?

Austin, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Area of PCB

We stay at Origins at Seahaven every year so I don't think I'm the definitive source on the subject but as far as I can tell from running several miles up and down the beach is that it all looks the same from there.

Midwest City...
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Area of PCB

We stayed on the Biltmore beach. When we did research on where to stay,everyone said it was on the quiet end , less traffic and no major problems getting in and out of resort area. I am really glad we stayed in that area especially during the summer. It was much busier the further west we went.

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Area of PCB

We usually stay at Laguna Beach area ~ there are no monster high rise condos and the beach is usually quieter. We have been staying in that area for years. It's also an older neighborhood there that we like.

It's so easy to acess Back Beach Road and head to Pier Park or where ever. Nice to do this and avoid all the Front Beach Road traffic.

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Area of PCB

All of those are on the west end. It is all the same beach more or less but the condos are grouped into those areas by proximity to each other. For example, if you wanted to stay as close to Pier Park as you could get, you would look for the beach area that includes Calypso. Some of those beach areas you listed are on the west end but spaced farther apart. We try to stay on the east end close to St. Andrews Park so we look for lower lagoon beach that includes Seychelles and Treasure Island. After awhile, you just kind of figure out which part you want to stay in.

Indiana
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Area of PCB

East end, less traffic congestion, less crowds, closer to marina, we like water sports, waverunners, Sea Screamer, just really like the area, when we were at Seychelles I would wake up early and walk to St. Andrews Park every morning...... loved it. would be there in August, but I guess Dear Daughters Wedding comes first!!!!!!

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
119 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Area of PCB

Thanks all. If I understand correctly it seems like the east and west ends are the quieter areas. We have always gone to the San Diego area and it took us a few years to figure out which beach/town was best for us. I guess we will just have to go to PCB for the first time and decide what is best for us.

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
353 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Area of PCB

We like dining/shopping after a beach day. I like the condos included in the "Open Sands" area. We especially like Emerald Beach because of the pools, parking and activities

8. Re: Area of PCB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2013, 10:17