We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panama City Beach vs Destin?

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
La Marque, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Topic
Panama City Beach vs Destin?

What are the positives and negatives of each location? Which is the better choice for a family of 7?

Harriman, TN
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panama City Beach vs Destin?

Hi !! I've never been to Destin .. But I think it's a little more upscale than PCB. I love PCB !! It's not upscale but not a low class place either, we are a working class family & we fit it perfectly !!! We stay at Aqua which is very nice.. I prefer the West end of PCB.. There is lots to do..Pier Park is wonderful !! Lots of places to eat & shop .. Good luck ..I hope you find the perfect place for your family!!

Midwest City...
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panama City Beach vs Destin?

I've been to both Destin and PCB. I really didn't see much of a difference between the beaches. Destin is a larger area. I liked them both but our family prefers PCB. I've read reviews that Destin is more family oriented and PCB is more a party area. That's not true, you see all walks of lives wherever you go. My family enjoyed PCB this summer and we are returning in the fall.

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panama City Beach vs Destin?

We go to both. They both have the same beautiful water and white sandy beaches. Destin is a little more "upscale" but the downside of that is I have found the condos more expensive and many of them are across the street from the beach. PCB has a large selection of beach front condos and many fairly new ones. When we go to Destin, we try to go with other families and rent a house. In my opinion, PCB has more for children to do even though I think Destin is starting to try to provide more children's entertainment such as a new pirate cruise. You won't go wrong with either one!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Panama City Beach vs Destin?

This is a personal preference, but I like PCB better than Destin. I think PCB has a lot more to offer visitors of all ages. summer53 is right about condos being across the street. I noticed that too when I visited this past February.

I agree with LesiRN too. I can relate more to PCB than Destin. Destin always strikes me as an 'upscale' area for some reason. I just feel PCB is more casual, if that makes any sense.

I've been to PCB enough times now that I know where I'm going and where all of the good restaurants are. In Destin, I still have to rely on websites to tell me where the good places are!

But, if you do choose Destin, you'll have a great time. If not, just drive over to PCB - it's not that far of a drive! :)

Enjoy!

Edited: 27 July 2012, 21:42
5. Re: Panama City Beach vs Destin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2013, 10:17