We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to PCB for Honeymoon Aug 11-18

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sparta, Illinois...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Going to PCB for Honeymoon Aug 11-18

We are staying at the Flamingo Motel and Towers in tower room. Does anyone know how the seaweed is in that area? I know it is a part of nature but some people are saying to cancel our trip or go somewhere else, which sounds extreme to me...Also, where is the best/closest grocery stores and places to get liquor. Sorry just one my question, how is the Barefoot Beach Club? I believe that is within walking distance of our motel? Thank you all for any help!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to PCB for Honeymoon Aug 11-18

Congratulations! As far as the seaweed issue, right now it sounds pretty bad. I'll let the locals answer that, but my guess is that it might be gone by the time you arrive and it shouldn't be an issue.

Best/closest grocery store - the closest one to you looks like the Winn Dixie. Lucky for you, it seems like liquor stores are everywhere in PCB, so you shouldn't have a problem finding one. Most are adequate and will carry everything you need. My favorite liquor store is called "Kwiker Liquor" and the address is 23028 PCB Pkwy. They had anything we could possibly need.

Can't speak about the Barefoot Beach Club, never been. It does get 4 stars, so I'm guessing the place is pretty good. I always use TA when I travel, and the reviews usually are spot on.

Enjoy your honeymoon!! :)

Sparta, Illinois...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to PCB for Honeymoon Aug 11-18

Thank you so much! We are very excited. I appreciate the information you have shared it is very helpful. This is a big first time trip for us, so the help is appreciated. TA reviews have been very helpful as well as this forum. I plan to put a trip report up upon my return home so maybe I can help someone else just as you have!

Indiana
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to PCB for Honeymoon Aug 11-18

Congrats to you, we are planning wedding now to for daughter, tried getting her to do it there and have beautiful honeymoon, but she wants it here.....damn.......have a wonderful time!!!!!

Sparta, Illinois...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to PCB for Honeymoon Aug 11-18

Thank you! And Congrats on your Daughter getting married! Good effort though on trying to get her to do at PCB, lol.

Indiana
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to PCB for Honeymoon Aug 11-18

If you never been to PCB try doing the Sea Screamer, big speed boat, lots of fun, not expensive, 20.00 plus tax per per person, out for 2 hrs, they do have beer and pop to. Helicopter ride is fun ,but over so quick, try Schooners for dinner to

Level Contributor
97 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to PCB for Honeymoon Aug 11-18

We ate at the Barefoot beach club the night we got here. It was pretty good depending on what you order. The onion rings were good. Hard to mess those up. Husband got the wings, said they were good. I got the grouper sandwich. It was huge but awful. Atmosphere was great because its on the beach. If I were staying close by I would go again for drinks and appetizers.

Sparta, Illinois...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to PCB for Honeymoon Aug 11-18

That sounds very reasonably priced, we might have to check out the Sea Screamer. I do have Schooner's on my list of to do's as well. Thanks!

Sparta, Illinois...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to PCB for Honeymoon Aug 11-18

Thank you for the info. on the Barefoot Beach Club, we definitley planned on going there because it is within walking distance, and want to avoid driving if we are drinking. Thanks for the advice on the food, that will save us some money, I don't want to waste it on so-so food, when we can eat in our room =)

9. Re: Going to PCB for Honeymoon Aug 11-18

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2013, 10:15