We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac Heading Towards Florida

Midwest City...
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac Heading Towards Florida

Îf a major storm is in the forecast should people cancel reservations or just go and hope for the best?

Jackson, Tennessee
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac Heading Towards Florida

I'm waiting one more day to see the forecast. I had reservations to be on the beach Sunday thru Friday. Now I'm concerned. I don't want to drive 500 miles south only to have to pack and head back north. Now I'm glued to the weather channel to follow the storm path.

twheat
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac Heading Towards Florida

At this point I plan to go but am glued to the weather channel as well!

Edited: 23 August 2012, 00:37
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac Heading Towards Florida

If you go to www.noaa.gov you can see the latest updates on forecasted track for TS Isaac- It looks like it may be in Tampa on Monday- but I am certainly not weather expert-

Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Jackson, Tennessee
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac Heading Towards Florida

Looks like landfall Wednesday- on the panhandle. Let's hope the storm will weaken. I am thinking I may try to reschedule for later in Sept. I was so looking forward to my vacation at PCB! Its been almost ten years since my last vacation in PCB.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
517 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac Heading Towards Florida

I just reserved a place for Saturday through Wednesday. The chances for a direct hit or one in which the eye hits just west of PCB creating the biggest storm surge are still small. The path they show now is 6 days away. Basically what they do at this point is take the dozen or so computer models and draw a line in between. Also, the forecasters tend to not want to ruin tourism unnecessarily, so they may fudge on the path a little so as to not get their butts chewed off for a false alarm of the system running up the middle of the state and it doesn't happen. If it does hit near PCB, it will blow over in a day and you'll have sunny skies Thursday. If it does come close to PCB, I hope to get some awesome pictures!

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac Heading Towards Florida

I'm going there on Monday to have my vacation... I hope its not gonna be worse so let's just pray guys :) for the best

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac Heading Towards Florida

I'm going there on Monday to have my vacation... I hope its not gonna be worse so let's just pray guys :) for the best

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
76 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac Heading Towards Florida

We have had plans for 3 months, leaving on Monday and coming back on Sunday, so of course we are watching the weather also. Anything can happend this far out, so hopefully he will turn East and not be a direct hit to Florida. If the panhandle just gets rain, we are still going, we wouldn't be able to get our money back anyway! So might as well go and have fun, right? So I'm praying that everyone that has plans to go next week that it won't be a complete wash out! Oh there is also one brewing out there right behind Issac.

Cindy

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
517 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac Heading Towards Florida

On this site you can put your mouse over the projected track and see what they are expecting the sustained and gusting winds to be at various times. The time 1200Z means 1200 Zulu (or GMT) So you would subtract 5 hours from Zulu time to get the local time. Also, keep in mind that the farther you get from the current location, the more likely the path is off. It may take a little bit for the map to load.

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/tropical/gfs.php

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac Heading Towards Florida

We have a reservation for PCB next Fri-Mon, I really need this vacation. I am praying that the storm dies down. Otherwise, we will just postpone.