We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving in Panama Beach

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Charles...
2 posts
Save Topic
Thanksgiving in Panama Beach

Planning a vacation the week of Thanksgiving, wondering what the weather is like and what the water temp will be, also what are some fun activities this time of year

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving in Panama Beach

It can be hit or miss on the weather. Some years during Thanksgiving it is warm enough to sit out in the sun all week. Some have been a little cooler. I don't know the actual water temp but depending on our first cold snap, mid to late October is about the last time I can stand to get in the water. I'm a bit of a sissy about cold water though. We had very little cold last year and one weekend it could be warm and the next a little too cool to sit out. Just keep an eye on the forecast before you come down to know what to pack.

Week before Christmas last year was a bit cold.....played golf in shorts on New years day......

The water will be gorgeous and I'm sure you will have a good time.

Lake Charles...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving in Panama Beach

Thank you.

south georgia
Level Contributor
107 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving in Panama Beach

I agree with the poster above...depends on the year on how the weather in on Thanksgiving. We went the weekend after Thanksgiving in 2010 and on the Saturday, it was cool and cloudy, but the next day a wonderful day to sit on the beach. The water was cool, but great walking on the beach weather.

Found some great after Thanksgiving deals at Pier Park and just enjoyed the weekend. It wasn't crowded except around the shopping areas, easy to get around. Enjoy!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving in Panama Beach

Julie is right - weather can be hit or miss. I was visiting at Thanksgiving 2009, and it was pretty chilly - upper 50's/lower 60's and windy. My nieces and nephews were in the ocean and the pool; waaaayyyy too cold for the adults. My first trip to PCB was Thanksgiving 2001, and it was warm, low 80's. We were in the pool and at the ocean everyday. Hopefully you'll have some warm weather for your trip!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
335 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving in Panama Beach

I caught the biggest Pompano of my life thanksgiving day last year.

+ we went to the Tksgiving buffet at Breakers- it was really good- you need to call & make reservations though. Boatyard does a family style Thnksgiving dinner deal too.

6. Re: Thanksgiving in Panama Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2013, 10:17