We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging recommendations

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carrollton, GA
Level Contributor
571 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging recommendations

Mid-60's couple looking for lodging from middle to east area of PCB. Prefer upscale 2 bedroom 2 bath end-unit with outstanding views. Have looked at Gulfcrest, Watercrest, and Calypso. Would appreciate additional suggestions. Timeframe July 4th week 2013. No really interested in large scale family oriented complex. Thanks. Will be there watching youngest grandson play baseball.

Level Contributor
350 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging recommendations

East end of Thomas Drive I would recommend Seychelles or Treasure Island...although most condo will have three bedroom condos on the ends of each floor. Both of these condo are very nice and on the quite end close to the park.

Alabama
Level Contributor
655 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging recommendations

For end units, the 3BR east end units at Treasure Island have some of the best views in the area. The way the building is positioned, those units have commanding views in all directions (including grand lagoon to the north and the beach in both directions) and have wrap-around balconies. Of course, the higher the floor, the more awesome the view.

West end units there are the same layout, but the views aren't as good because of the angle of the building.

There may be some 2BR end units at Dunes of Panama...not 100% sure. As the earlier poster said, most places will have the 3s on the ends. Dunes is a nice older complex with many great amenities, but the unit quality will vary from owner to owner.

Indiana
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging recommendations

Loved Seychelles, going to very crowded that time of yr, but not as bad maybe on east end, was there the week after the 4th though, but I think you will like that end, parking garages aren't a football field away, you can cross the street without getting killed, loved being by St.Andrews Park, nothing better than a morning walk with that cup of coffee, have fun watching grandson play ball!!!

P.S you will be next door to Schooners, great food, couldn't ask for a better view, and very relaxed!!!!! have fun

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging recommendations

We stayed at Celadon this past summer. I think it would fit your needs well. I found it a less expensive through vrbo because it doesn't have the extra pool amenities etc. They offer 2 and 3 bedroomsand it's a smaller complex so it would be less crowded. In fact my only complaints were with the pools (very cold) and the parking across the street. It is at the edge of town and very easy to navigate to back beach rd. Traffic wouldn't be a problem to and from the baseball complex at such a busy time of year. We stayed on the top floor and could see the complex. If you would like more info IM me.

5. Re: Lodging recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 05:18