We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roller coaster

Indiana
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Topic
Roller coaster

On pcbfla.org there is a video clip about the area and what makes it great. On said clip is a shot of a roller coaster. Anyone know where it is? I know Miracle Strip Amusements is gone, so I'm wondering where to take hte teenager to play, besides Shipwreck Island.

Also, has anyone been to the Man in the Sea meuseum? It sounds neat, but I've been disappointed by these types of places before.

Thanks for any input.

Indiana
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Roller coaster

Okay, I meant "the teenager"! OOOPS!

oklahoma
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Roller coaster

What kind of things does your teenager like to do? I have been going since I was 10 and I am now 35 with my own kids.

When I was a teenager I just enjoyed being on the beach during the day and at night I was allowed to sit down on the beach and even walk up and down the beach alone (not far, but still I felt independent).

There are a some good arcades (we usually try to go to Funland) if he likes that. You can do mini golf and go carts.

Something we did last year and I thought it would be a waste of money, but my husband and 10 year old loved it, was the maze. My husband took our 5 year old and the 10 year old wanted to try it by himself. It took my husband about 45 minutes and my son a little over an hour to complete. I watched from the observation deck. You get a time card to punch in and out to check your time and you have stations to find. They had so much fun with it that I can't wait to try it this year.

Another thing I got to do was go with my parents to Sharky's a listen to bands. My parents never liked the music, but was willing to go with me and not sit by me, so I would look cool :) At the door they stamped my hand with big NO, so that I couldn't get alcohol. It is mostly adults, but not really a "bar" atmosphere. I saw where Sharkys was going to be torn down for condos, but they still have on their website they are still up and going. Also check because I don't even know if they still do this with underage kids. Last year we hung out in Schooners one night and listened to a band and there were a lot of families there. They dance at Schooners.

We also like to go down to watch the boats come in down at the boatyards. You get to see some neat fish. Last year a boat came in with a shark and the kids got to touch it.

Hope this helps.

I will let you know if I think of anything else.

Indiana
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Roller coaster

Hi, BJZMOM!

Thanks for the input! He's 15 so as far as I know he likes to play video games and chase girls. That's about all the interests he lets us see, besides sports. You know how teenagers are. They suddenly become very private. I know he'll enjoy the beach and the pool. We're planning at least one day at Shipwreck Island. I've been thinking about the maze, too. Glad to here it's fun!

I know he does like amusements so that's why I inquired about the roller coaster. Of course, I suppose if there's still a coaster there, we'll be able to find it once we get there. Just thought I might get a leg up if anyone knew where it is.

GA
Level Contributor
469 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roller coaster

Panama city beach florida has changed so much since I was a growing up. My family went every year since i was born, sometimes twice a year for about 8 nights each. We always stayed at the Mark 2 east, but, now nothing but condo's. We stayed at Long beach last year in a 2 bedroom, and got VERY LUCKY as the room was immaculate on the 3rd floor.

I have an 8 year old son, and, I think about what he will do there when he gets to be a teenager. I'm afraid to say what I did as a teenager there ; )

Mainly we went to miricle strip and I could NOT BELIEVE they closed it down.

I do know the beach pretty well, and just about all there is for teens to do is go to arcades and shipwreck Island for the waterslides. Thats about it,

other than the usual walking down the beach looking for girls thing. Although, in this day and time, he should be careful. (yes, even guys need to be careful)

Also, you may want to stay at one of the condo's with an arcade and movie theater at the condo. That way, he can "hang out" there and you'll just be a few steps away without having to be right up under him!

have fun!!!

Mentioned in this post
Panama City Beach
Panama City Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
GA
Level Contributor
469 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roller coaster

PS, there is no roller coaster in panama city beach anymore. They do have several go cart, bungee jumping and bumper boat places though.

Indiana
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Roller coaster

I think they shouldn't have put the roller coaster on the video clip. Oh well, he'll have fun anyway. The beach, the pool, the girls, what more could a boy want?.......................Nevermind. Don't wanna go there. lol

GA
Level Contributor
469 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roller coaster

You're right. They need to take that off of the clip! They do also have some amazing putt putt golf places also to hang out.

They also just built a Ripleys believe it or not museum with a 4-D moving theater. He might like that! I'm not sure if its open or finished yet. www.ripleyspanamacitybeach.com. Try that link, it might tell. : )

Indiana
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Roller coaster

Thanks! I forgot about Ripley's.

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Roller coaster

We have 3 girls that will turn 15, 10 and 7 this summer. Last year when we went to our timeshare condo (Casa Blanca), our oldest daughter met another girl whose grandparents were staying at our condo. They became fast friends and would spend the entire day either at the pool or on boogie boards in the water. By the end of the week she and her new friend had met several teens (girls and boys) and were "hanging out" w/them on the beach. Didn't do anything other than play in the water, play beach volley ball and run back and forth from Holiday Inn to our condo but they had a good time.

We always take one day to go to Shipwreck Island. We used to take a day and drive down to a different beach--Seaside, Mexico Beach etc but after going to Cape San Blas we decided that it wasnt' worth the drive so we just stayed at our beach.

At night we go to the arcades, putt-putt and maybe some shopping. The girls have been through the maze and had fun but I think it's WAY too expensive...but then so is putt putt at $8 a person. For a special treat we let #1 do the reverse bungee w/her new friend. I was so nervous for her but she had a blast and all was fine.

I really liked Megan's mom and we became friends too. We stay in touch via email and phone and have made plans to meet at the condo again this July. We're looking forward to seeing them again.

Karen

Mentioned in this post
Mexico Beach
Mexico Beach
471 Reviews
Mexico Beach, FL
Cape San Blas
Cape San Blas
569 Reviews
Port Saint Joe, FL
Indiana
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Roller coaster

So in other words, he'll be fine and will entertain himself. Right? I just worry too much sometimes. We just found out our older son (early 20's, not a partier, very mature) may be going and they're close so I'm sure they'll hang out together a lot too. They both enjoy playing with the toddler as well. All of us will be seeing things anew through his little eyes. That in itself will be great fun!