We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will the beachside pool at celedon be open in June?

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
GA
Level Contributor
469 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Will the beachside pool at celedon be open in June?

It's closed now but they are saying it should be open by June, but , how can any1 be for sure about that? To me If I'm going to pay over 1,000.00 for a stay I want a beach side pool! I don't care what the one across the street looks like, It's not the same as having one on the beach and all.

If any1 knows, let me know!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Will the beachside pool at celedon be open in June?

I stayed at the Celadon a couple of months after it opened, in September 2004, and for the first day of my five-night stay the front pool was closed. It was reported that this was due to the recent hurricane of that time (forget the name, but it's the same hurricane that re-directed my trip from Destin to Panama City in the first place).

The pool across the street is very nice, as is the game room over on that side. But I'm with you, I would much rather know that full use of 'both' pools will be available, especially when you consider how much you are paying to stay there.

The Celadon is very nice, my wife and I had a fabulous stay there and our entire trip was just great. It was my first trip back to PC in several years and, while I was actually saddened by the mass construction of all the new high-rises, new condos that were/are basically going to wipe out most of my fond memories of PC and days gone by, it was kind of cool to see that the four/five motels and many restaurants/clubs that I frequented 'back in the day' were, for now anyway, for the most part still there just as I remembered them.

GA
Level Contributor
469 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will the beachside pool at celedon be open in June?

Thank you for your reply. I am glad to hear you liked the celedon! I have heard from several people that the pool across the street is nicer, but, in the pictures the one on the beachside looks nicer to me. I guess I just don't like the indoor part of the one across the street. I like being outside and I know my little boys does!

woo hooo you live in Atlanta! : ) I am from Alabama but we relocated here when hubby got a job in atlanta.

Thanks!

Rene

GA
Level Contributor
469 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will the beachside pool at celedon be open in June?

PS. I don't really like all the condo's either, I guess because all my life I've been going there and love the fun of all the kids cruising etc. up and down the strip, and having fun, and now, with all the condos you just don't see anyone out walking, and it's so hard to see the water now.. Plus there is just something about finding a nice motel, lol.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Will the beachside pool at celedon be open in June?

Yes, I'm with you. I admit that I'm not the first to be willing to adapt when it comes to change.

I can understand the construction of nice high-rise condos in PC, it started on Thomas Drive and has now eaked it's way towards the Miracle Strip (Front Beach). PC could not remain as it was, with the mom/pop motels all up and down the beach.

But geez, it's gotten so out of hand. It would have been nice to see PC mix in the new while leaving some of the old. But sooner than later there will be a high-rise condo on parctically every parcel of beach real estate available, and that's awful.

GA
Level Contributor
469 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will the beachside pool at celedon be open in June?

It woud also be nice to just see some new motels of normal size being built with nice prices...I for one, HATE elevators, and every year when I make reservations, I have to worry I'll get stuck on the 22nd floor or higher, lol.

I will admit, we went in 2002 the beach had got pretty run down with all the tatoo parlors and body piercing shops, etc. Some of the people on the beach were pretty scary looking, so, I guess they had to do something to change it or it would of went WAY down. I like the condos and all, but, I just like the feeling of staying in a small nice motel every now and then, but, times change. I was pretty surprised the last couple of times I went though. It's strange not to see people out walking around up and down the strip on front beach. Guess that went out with the internet! lol.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Will the beachside pool at celedon be open in June?

That's a good point about elevators. My beach trips typically include the Destin-Fort Walton area or PC. There are several condos along Okaloosa Island at Fort Walton Beach that are no more than 7 stories high. In fact, I think it is a rule on Okaloosa that 7 is the max.

But these monsters going up at PC are 20+ stories high. It would be nice to see a few newer motels built that would allow a person to stay for say $125 a night during peak season.

GA
Level Contributor
469 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will the beachside pool at celedon be open in June?

absoulutly! Of course I'll probably be hooked on the condos in a few years. Last year was the first year I've stayed at one, and we arrived a bit early, so we stayed one night at beachbreak, and while it was small and all, It brought back that small motel atmosphere yet, I LOVED long beach. Didn't so much care for the long walk to the pool, but, the pool and room were so worth it. I also felt safer. Things we didn't really worry about in the late 80s and early 90s when I went with my parents.

GA
Level Contributor
469 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will the beachside pool at celedon be open in June?

UPDATE: We returned from our trip at the resortquest celedon. The pool was closed and there were also dead birds everywhere smashed into their parking garage and at the pool across the street. I almost stepped on one of them that had layed there so long it was flat as a fritter. We rented our room from the celedon from JONI'S BEACH RENTAL AND I have to say they gave us a room that everything was broken in. We were locked out from our balcony because the glass door wouldn't open on our third day there. The man they sent to fix it said they knew it was broke, and that it had happened and they had asked him to fix it but the people who stayed there before us wouldn't let him in. They didn't even tell me when I checked in to get our key and parking permit at Joni's that the door was messed up. Thank God my son didn't go out on the balcony and shut the door not able to get back in, he could of fell off! Just one of a list of problems with the room Joni rented us. And, when we called them their response was "sorry for the inconvience but Joni is at scouts with her son, and if she has time she will call you" and then no call. Any time that you call with a complaint they will say "we will tell Joni" and of course she's never there or calls back. You would think when you pay over a thousand dollars for a room you would get perfection. We got no quality whatsoever. Just wanted to let you all know that JONI'S BEACH RENTAL IS NOT A GOOD PLACE TO RENT FROM IN PANAMA CITY BEACH FLORIDA!

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Will the beachside pool at celedon be open in June?

boysofsummer,Do you know what's up with all the dead birds?Why ?Joni sounds like aweful company thanks for the heads up on them.

GA
Level Contributor
469 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Will the beachside pool at celedon be open in June?

No, I don't know what the reason was for the dead birds. I know if we wouldn't of had all the other problems with our room and I hadn't of been totally exhausted from worry from the door not opening to the other problems we had and Joni not being concerned that they totally botched our trip, I would of complained to the front desk about the birds. They were nasty. Especially the one that lay right in the walkway to the pool across the street where all the little kids were walking then getting into that pool. YUK.

There were several more in the parking garage area under the condo where the owners can park, and you walk to get to the beach, and they smelled really bad as you walked in that area to the beach.

What really upset me about Joni's is the fact that they didn't just rent out a room and then something broke and we had to call. These were all existing problems that they knew about, but, let us check in anyway instead of giving us another room because the things hadn't been fixed with the previous guest. Then, with the pool closing all week after they promised it wouldn't, was just the icing on the tip of the cake. I hope noone else ever has to go through that ,but I have a feeing they do all the time. I just hope people will speak out about it to let others know, so they won't rent from them.