We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help please - looking for a rental in PCB

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
polkadots23
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need help please - looking for a rental in PCB

Hi ! I am planning to go to PCB from May 24th to May 27th. We are two females in our early thirties and looking for a 1 bed ,with gulf views, close to restaurants, bars etc. and steps away from the beach.

I have been researching and researching.. for weeks now. I have tried VRBO, flip key, trip advisor, book it. etc. you name it..every place I have contacted is looking for a 7 day minimum stay. They advertise 3 day minimum but when I inquire about it the minimum stay goes to 7 days. I can't do more than 3 nights/4 days. Could anyone please suggest places/resorts etc. where I could get a 3 day stay? I don't know if there are other sources I can use besides VRBO etc. I did not think this would be such a tedious process. I wish I could post my request and have the owners contact me instead of the other way around.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Alabama
Level Contributor
655 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help please - looking for a rental in PCB

Your dates are tough for a condo. That's Memorial Day weekend, which is huge for owners (and resorts). They want to make the most of that by cashing in on two full week rentals (Sat-Sat). Renting Fri-Mon essentially kills both of those two weeks for them, which is why few will do it.

As it gets closer, you might have more willingness to work with dates...of course, that means going with whatever is still out there to pick from. For advanced bookings, hotels are always an option...renting two rooms can get costly, but they don't charge the condo cleaning fee, so there is some offset there.

Condo-wise, you might give some of the "right across the street" places with dedicated beaches/access a try. Laketown Wharf is huge and they might not be as choosy about dates. Origin at Seahaven is closer to Pier Park and might also be less picky. Both of these have gulf views and are a close hop to the beach, although not all units have views...so be careful with that if it's essential for you.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help please - looking for a rental in PCB

Try checking with ResortQuest - they will do less than 7 days but, like the previous poster said, they may not since that is our second busiest week of the year. You may try and stay near Pier Park - there's plenty of shopping, dining, nightlife and activities around there. Some of the condos close by include Tidewater, Calypso, Aqua, Polynesian Village and Sterling Breeze. Some of the hotels include By the Sea Resorts, Osprey and Driftwood. Good luck!

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help please - looking for a rental in PCB

I just spoke with Sterling Resorts and they have a 3 day minimum. They manage a variety of units around Panama City Beach: www.sterlingresorts.com

Indiana
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help please - looking for a rental in PCB

try the travel websites such as bookit.com or travelocity, you might have more luck there, good luck and have a great time

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help please - looking for a rental in PCB

I have a friend who owns a condo that is close to Pier Park and other restaurants/bars and is relatively cheap. I can get you the information if you want it.

6. Re: Need help please - looking for a rental in PCB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 07:16