We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pineapple Willie's, Schooners, Other, lunch on the beach

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Pineapple Willie's, Schooners, Other, lunch on the beach

We have been to Pineapple Willies in the past. (BTDT, son has the Tshirt!) Actually very much enjoyed our visit there. Good food for lunch, excellent staff, facilities, etc.... I remember my son's grouper fingers were actually pretty good.

So, can you experts tell us, should we visit PW again, given the chance.

Or should we try a different place.

Schooners looks nice. Nice set-up with beach chairs on the beach. (which we might not need)

Any input appreciated

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
60 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pineapple Willie's, Schooners, Other, lunch on the beach

Pineapple Willys is one of our favorites that we visit every time we go. We also make sure we go to Schooners...very fun atmosphere!!! The others that we make sure we visit are Shuckums, Sharkys and Hunts Oyster Bar in Panama City. Some others that we love are Hammerhead Freds, The Boatyard and Mellow Mushroom. We have a Mellow Mushroom here in Dallas but for some reason the PCB location is so much better. Hungry Howies is another pizza joint (they deliver) that we always make sure we order the night before we head home. Hope this helps!!!!!

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pineapple Willie's, Schooners, Other, lunch on the beach

Thanks!

Okay, I am now finding out that you can't get the grouper basket any more at PW!

OMG, what is the deal with that. Is grouper THAT hard to come by.

A grouper basket and a big Pineapple Willie were the whole reason for this post.

C'mon Pineapple Willies.

Bring back the Grouper Basket.

Off to check the menu at the other similar beach joints!

Columbus, Georgia
Level Contributor
355 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pineapple Willie's, Schooners, Other, lunch on the beach

Paradise Grill inside Spinnaker is on the beach. I'm not sure about Grouper fingers, but they do have a Grouper platter as well as a Grouper sandwich.

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pineapple Willie's, Schooners, Other, lunch on the beach

I have to go to Schooners every time we come to PCB. The view is fantastic and the food is good. My husband always gets the grouper sandwich there. Love Pineapple Willys also. I have four of their shirts. Also love their frozen drinks. I have heard Dee's hangout is great for lunch but we have not been yet. So many choices!

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pineapple Willie's, Schooners, Other, lunch on the beach

Yep, that's the thing... Now you can't get a Pineapple Willy drink AND the grouper.

Are the drinks at Schooners any good.

Would anything there compare to a big drink from PW?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pineapple Willie's, Schooners, Other, lunch on the beach

Try the maui maui basket at PWillys it is as good as the grouper basket if not better.I like the food at P Willys better than Schooners but the atmosphere at Schooners is well worth the trip there and the food is still pretty good. I would also recommend Pier 77 great food and not bad prices.

Jackson, Georgia
Level Contributor
221 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pineapple Willie's, Schooners, Other, lunch on the beach

You have to stop at Finn's for a quick great lunch. Finns is top rated on Trip Advisor for good reason. Their fish tacos are the best on the beach. Finns is a food truck but don't let that stop you. It is a good place to stop on your way to St Andrews Park. Lunch here will only cost you about 8 bucks .

Two Rivers...
Level Contributor
66 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pineapple Willie's, Schooners, Other, lunch on the beach

I hear from alot of people that Dusty's Oyster Bar & Dining is the best in the city. I never ate there but will be trying it next year when we go. Not the biggest fanciest building but I hear the food is to die for.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
352 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pineapple Willie's, Schooners, Other, lunch on the beach

Try the Voodoo Punch at Schooners!

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
30 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pineapple Willie's, Schooners, Other, lunch on the beach

Our favorites ON the beach are: PW, Schooners (AWESOME atmosphere, open air, directly on beach), and Spinnaker (food was suprisingly great here and they have daily deals, some days kids eat free! Call before you go. Other favorites not on the beach are: Guadalajara Grill and Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. We have never been to Hammerhead Freds, Sharky's or Pompano Joes. We didn't like Scampy's or Dustys. Good luck!