We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Joni's beach rental's are terrible people

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huntsville AL
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Joni's beach rental's are terrible people

Anyone ever have a good experience with them?

I had a terrible one. Now, they won't send my deposit after they botched our vacation!

Midwest
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Joni's beach rental's are terrible people

Where did you stay??

Have they given you a reason why they are not refunding or are they being slow with the payment?

Sorry your vacation wasn't what you expected. I hope your next one is better!

Huntsville AL
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Joni's beach rental's are terrible people

Well, I could take being a little slow with it, but, they actually lied to me 3 times now about it. That, I can't take. They won't get me back next year.

Firstly, they told us when we checked out it would go out on the 5th or 6th. Then this Monday,. I called them because it had been plenty of time for it to get to AL. Joni herself answers and says "ohhhh, I am putting it in the mail tonight. We just got behind from the 4th."

So, I believe her.....again. Then, 4 days later, It's STILL not here.

I call them, and Jenny who works there says she just mailed them out. When I ask her if she is sure and explain why I ask she says they ran out of stamps is why they weren't mailed. ha. right. I was born yesterday? ha. So now, Sunday still no check. Will it get here monday? That will be 4 days, so it certainly should. Stay tuned.

We stayed at Celedon in one of the upper rooms. It was way too high. Wont do that again! Can't believe people like that but the room was okay. It was clean but other parts of the place was terrible. I hated their pool. The sand had seashells in the dry part up towards the walk back tot he room that hurt like H. And, the pool across the street was like half in and half out, and it wasn't that big anyway, so we had half to swim in and had to jump up and run in the indoor part everytime our kids swam under those plastic things, because they were so nasty you couldn't see in. It was a bad experience.

We were also approached several times in their parking lot by people asking if we believed in God and handing stuff out. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but, I just don't want to deal with it on my vacation you know. The front desk people were very rude also. They told us we couldn't use the stairs because it was for emergency and HAD to use the elevators. I hate elevators and also work out quite a bit and was looking forward to the high walk up of stairs since I am not working out at home that week, but, was scared to use the "emergency stairs" after told I couldn't, so had to take the slow as H elevators. Also, we were not allowed to use the free beach chairs, because we didn't rent through resortquest, so, we had to pay for ours while their other guest got them for free.

no biggie just didn't budget thought they would be free.

Saw a few dirty things in the Jacuzzi on the pool side like ham floating. The one across the street was too hot to swim in.

Oh well, you win some you lose some. We will stay on Thomas drive next year. This place won't be a 5 star for long at the rate they are going and treating their guest.

Huntsville AL
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Joni's beach rental's are terrible people

Still no deposit no return emails from Joni's beach rentals.

I wasn't going to do this but since i was treated so unfairly I guess I will report them and contact my lawyer.

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Joni's beach rental's are terrible people

Huntsvillian--Go back about 2 or 3 pages, I think, and you'll find another thread concerning Joni's rentals. I can't remember who posted the thread...I'm thinking boysofsummer but I may be wrong. She had a bad experience w/them too. If you do a search for Joni's boat/beach rentals, I think it'll come up for you.

I'm sorry you had a hard time but I think you need to keep fighting for what is right. Good luck to you.

Karen

College Station, TX
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Joni's beach rental's are terrible people

Huntsvillian,

I just e-mailed joni's and told them that they are getting very negative exposure and should consider there current guest relations approach. I hope you get your deposit back soon.

Huntsville AL
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Joni's beach rental's are terrible people

thank you! I hope so too but it doesn't seem like anything will work.

Wow, I read the post on boysofsummers experience. I wish everyone would come forward who has problems with Joni's.

Its not fair to go on a vacation and get this kind of trouble when all you want is to relax and enjoy your vacation!

I would of been okay with all the problems of not liking the condo if I could just get my deposit back. They seem to be giving me the run around. I mean, if you arent going to mail something, tell me, don't say its already been mailed, ya know?

Well, I am going out of town for a couple of days. Maybe it will be in my mailbox when I get home.

College Station, TX
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Joni's beach rental's are terrible people

Huntsvillian,

Here is the response I got from letting them know about there reputation by a number of people on this board.

Dear David,

With what little time that I have to read comments on people's stay at Panama City Beach, I could only find one negative ad about our Rental Company. With as much repeat business as we get, I can really say that we must be doing something right. One Negative Nellie does not a company brake.

Sincerely,

Joni M Johns Owner

I think Joni is missing the point by not focusing on what can be fixed. Seems to be okay with negative feedback(misconcieved perception that it's isolated) and doesn't have much time to listen to feedback about the company.

I'm a business man and I can tell that Joni does not seem to be catering to each and every guest. I would have wanted to know more about the persons involved and what I could do to correct the situation. I for one could be a potential customer, but Joni tried to establish with me how good they are instead of checking into the problem(s).

I can understand now the frustration by some of you that have used this service. I won't be using there service.

Indiana
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Joni's beach rental's are terrible people

Amen! I own my business and worry everytime I hear a complaint. I only get a couple a year and I know you can't please everyone, but I don't blow them off. Most businesses are built on reputation. Seems like she's not too worried about hers. I won't be using her, of that you can be sure!

Huntsville AL
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Joni's beach rental's are terrible people

Thanks for posting her response. That obnoxious response she gave you is the one I got from them the whole time we were there.

The only time their customers are happy is when there is no problem because if one should ever arise, they cop an attitude and treat you like dirt. Good luck if you ever rent from them, because you better hope everything runs smooth and dandy and if you ever have a problem with something being broke, etc. just stay hush hush because Joni's beach rental will never ever work with you to help. You are just a number to them.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Joni's beach rental's are terrible people

That response is unbelivable. With customer "service" like that, they sure as heck won't be getting any business from this forum!