We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Beach

Douglasville...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Short Beach

Looking for something along the panhandle with a short beach-heat in summer is too much for my mom and walking on sand with a wide beach is tough-any suggestions?

st louis
Level Contributor
149 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Beach

not sure if this helps but i have seen people in wheelchairs made for the beach they have wheels that will roll on the beach. you may be able to rent them some place . its worth looking into

Magnolia, Arkansas
Level Contributor
125 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Beach

At Treasure Island Condos in PCB, the building is close to the water and the walk is short.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
492 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short Beach

Yes, I would agree with hywaybeachbum. Treasure Island is very close to the water.

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short Beach

We have stayed at Treasure Island and it probably is the closest to the water. Very nice condos and gulf front pools. Also at the quiet end of the beach next to St. Andrew's Park.

Level Contributor
350 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short Beach

I have to agree with the other poster on Treasure Island. It is close to the water with very little beach....which makes for a much better view of the water and dolphins passing by.

Washington State
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Short Beach

I agree with Treasure Island. Can't get much closer to the water unless your on a boat.

7. Re: Short Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 05:16