We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial Day Week (24th-31st) or June 7th-14th?

Greeneville...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Memorial Day Week (24th-31st) or June 7th-14th?

We typically come down in off season - like the second-third week of September. Unfortunately, this year we are forced to vacation by mid June. I fully expect Memorial Day weekend - from the 22nd-26th to be very crowded but does the crowd die down some after Memorial Day itself? Is it that much worse than coming in early June when all the kids are out of school? I hate coming during the more peak time of the season but it is what it is and my 4 year old little girl is so excited about going to the beach again this year because we weren't able to go last year with the birth of my twin daughters.

I'm looking at a VRBO at the Celadon - never stayed there. Any comments on the place? I was looking for something that had an indoor as well as outdoor pool for the kids and I see the Celadon fits that description. Last time at PCB I stayed at the Long Beach and enjoyed it but their big outdoor pool the way it's situated stays pretty dang cold IMO - even when we came in September. We love Edgewater but they only have the lagoon pool. I'm not a fan of Tidewater as I've visited that place and a couple of others are out of my price range. I'm looking to spend no more than $1,000 for the week. The deal I've found at the Celadon for Memorial Day week is a pretty good deal it appears to me - under $900 with beach chairs included. I wouldn't care to wait until June 7th-14th if the crowd would be considerably less but if it's going to be largely the same I'd just assume go over Memorial Day week.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memorial Day Week (24th-31st) or June 7th-14th?

I always go in June and July and the crowds aren't terrible to me. We just try to stay away from the strip. I would think Memorial Day Weekend would be a lot worse. A lot of schools will be out by then anyway. My kids get out this week. Hopefully, someone else can comment on the condos, as I stay at Emerald Coast RV Park, so can't help with that.

oklahoma
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Memorial Day Week (24th-31st) or June 7th-14th?

We are at celadon now and it is wonderful, the pools are nice, if you want to be in a quiet relaxed atmosphere this is the place. We read some negative reviews about the staff and so far all the staff have been really nice. If you have any questions about this place I will try my best to answer them while we are here.

Greeneville...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Memorial Day Week (24th-31st) or June 7th-14th?

We actually had a change up and are coming Saturday which I'm very excited about. Do the outdoor pools warm up enough during the day to swim? What's the parking situation like there? And do you have an abnormally long wait for elevators (I'm staying on the 23rd floor)?

Thanks for any tips or advice.

oklahoma
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Memorial Day Week (24th-31st) or June 7th-14th?

I haven't been to the pool next to the building but there is a big pool across the street and it is warm. The parking is in a parking garage across the street. You will need to park on the second floor that is where the tunnel is to access celadon. The elevators are not a problem we are on the 17th floor and have not had to wait any for an

elevator. You will love it here it is very peaceful at night and during the day. I hope this helps. P.s. I will go swimming in the pool next to the building and report back how cold it is.

Edited: 13 May 2014, 17:23
5. Re: Memorial Day Week (24th-31st) or June 7th-14th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 06:16