We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pelican walk condos / anchor management

Waldron, Arkansas
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
pelican walk condos / anchor management

Anyone ever stayed here or used anchor management? Thanks for any info.

Alabama
Level Contributor
657 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pelican walk condos / anchor management

Never used that company, but I've stayed at Pelican Walk many times. It's an older (1980's), but well kept place, quiet, family-oriented. 10 floors with two elevators. 120 units or so. Has two average sized pools, and an indoor hot tub in the atrium area which is nice. All surface parking, so no decks or catwalks. It's built in a V shape with 2BR units up front, 1BR units stair-stepped back from there, and 3BR in the back (farthest from the beach). Some of the corner 2BR's have been converted to 3BR's though....1008 from Joni's Beach Rentals was the one we typically stayed in. It was near the front, top floor 3/2 with very good direct/west beach views (no views east). The only real negative we noted there was the balconies aren't 100% private because of the way the units are staggered....not a huge deal though.

Columbus, Georgia
Level Contributor
355 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pelican walk condos / anchor management

It's been a couple of years since I stayed at Pelican Walk but it has always been nice. My most recent stay (a couple of yeras ago) was in a 1 bedrooom rented through Joni's Beach rentals. The only problem I had is that the master bedroom is not Gulf front.

Waldron, Arkansas
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: pelican walk condos / anchor management

I'll answer my own question!!! Don't use them!!! Our oven stopped working first night!!! Had to wait 3 days for them to replace it!! If u stay here I recommend using a owner!! And stay on the higher floors we were on 2nd next to the pool. Big mistake way to noisy!! Screaming kids Drunk Parents!! We couldn't enjoy the view of beach it sucked!!! Think will stick with Destin!!! Just my opinion!!!

Alabama
Level Contributor
657 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pelican walk condos / anchor management

Never been a low floor fan myself...for that very reason...noisy pools and low privacy. Some complexes have low floor units that are close to the beach with no pool in front, and that's better. But in Pelican Walk, because of the way it is stair-stepped back from the beach, the view weakens the farther back you are...and the pool is right there too.

Sorry to hear that the management company was a bust. It's good info to have for future questions. Of course, there are lots of owners on VRBO and lots of other places to stay in PC. Hope you'll visit again.

5. Re: pelican walk condos / anchor management

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 05:15