We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calypso, Aqua, or Splash?

antioch
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Calypso, Aqua, or Splash?

This will be our first visit to PCB. We have two kids 10 and 7. We want to hang out on the beach, play in the pool, and visit local attractions. I have narrowed down some condos in Calypso, Aqua, and Splash. Please give opinion, advice, and suggestions. I need them. Thanks

Greenbrier...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calypso, Aqua, or Splash?

We have stayed at Splash twice, loved the pool but didn't like that it was covered, but you can tan on the other pool deck. The condo is extremely clean, a little further down and not so crowded.

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calypso, Aqua, or Splash?

Splash has a lot for children to do. We have stayed at Calypso. It is the closest one to Pier Park and a very easy walk. It has two pools and was very clean. You always saw people cleaning inside and outside. We have not stayed at Aqua yet but it looks very nice.

KY
Level Contributor
81 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calypso, Aqua, or Splash?

We have stayed in Splash and liked it. However, we stayed in Early October and found the kids splash area was too cold to use since it was under the building. Splash parking is across the street and there is a pedway over the road to the condo that is nice but hot. I have not stayed at either Calypso or Aqua but would love to stay at Aqua if I had the chance. Both are close to pier park. We have been going with relatives in the summer and have all been staying at Emerald Beach lately for price and amenities and the kids splash pools.

antioch
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calypso, Aqua, or Splash?

We are going in October so that may be something to think about. How do you like Emerald Beach? I've looked there as well and saw some units that had good reviews.

antioch
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calypso, Aqua, or Splash?

Thank you.

KY
Level Contributor
81 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calypso, Aqua, or Splash?

We like Emerald Beach. The layout of the elevators etc is a bit odd at first but you get used to it. It has a sky bar and a Starbucks. The price is much more agreeable to our group of multiple families than some of the other places.

Alabama
Level Contributor
657 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calypso, Aqua, or Splash?

Aqua is a fave of ours and has the indoor/outdoor pool, which is nice. Still walkable to Pier Park, but a bit farther than Calypso.

Splash is nice too. It's a bit farther west from Pier Park (not walkable, but in a quieter area). The kids will probably like the water park feature, but I suspect the 10-year-old will get bored with it pretty quickly.

Saint Louis...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Calypso, Aqua, or Splash?

We stayed at Aqua in 2011 and again on 2012. So disappointed the second time around. we are going again this year and we will not be returning to Aqua.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
86 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Calypso, Aqua, or Splash?

We have stay at Emerald and i didn't think the elevators was that big of a deal and right a cross the street is a little ice cream shop and the ice cream is home made and you can' go wrong with Calypso just short walk up to pier park.

10. Re: Calypso, Aqua, or Splash?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach