We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachside Realty

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Beachside Realty

Beachside realty is horrible with awful customer service. We arrived on a Saturday after a 10 hour drive at 11pm to find someone else in the condo that we paid for 3 months in advance. Called beachside answering service only to be told that it was not an emergency so we would have to wait til monday. Now in my opinion, 3 women with 3 children standing in a hallway with no where to go at 11pm is an emergency! After an hour or so, we finally realized they had switched our rooms, WITHOUT telling us. We finally found the room only to find that we had been seriously downgraded! We had rented a beautiful condo on the 23rd floor that we stayed in last year. It was spacious, had great beds, well stocked, beautifully decorated with an awesome view. The condo beachside realty decided to put us in.....uncomfortable beds, curtains that do not cover the entire windows, not enough silverware for all of us to eat at one time, doors that won't stay open and rusted out patio furniture. When we were able to speak to beachside realty they thought we were crazy for being upset! No apology, no compensation, nothing. They felt they had done nothing wrong. Ha! I hope their next vacation goes the exact same way as ours!

Indian Trail, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachside Realty

We rented and stayed at one of their condos at Sunbird 1207W. When we arrived the condo was not ready or even cleaned. It was nasty. The place still had other peoples old stuff in the condo, old towels and sheets everywhere, food in fridge and trash. We called immediately with no phone call back. We had to go buy our own sheets, towels and cleaning supplies since none were given to us. This is completely insane to have to deal with on vacation. We called numerous times from 4-6PM with not one phone call back. The answering service just said sorry nobody is calling you back. We told her we would have to go buy our own sheets and cleaning supplies and she said ok. I am still in complete shock we received no phone call back.

We finally had two teenagers come by after 6PM by then we already were cleaning the place and already bought our own towels and sheets. The two teenagers who showed up were laughing about it. Not one time did they say sorry just laughed. We were there for one whole week with no phone call to apologize. You were aware of what happened all the phone calls are recorded and we did not hear from anyone at all. I work in Property Management and I was appalled that this is how they treat their customers. My husband also owns his own business and would never treat his customers this way.

We drove 9 hours to show up on July 4th to a filthy nasty place and then had to purchase our own sheets and then clean the place ourselves. Sadly we have stayed in the same condo for 5 years and would have continued for many years. I still have received nothing not even a phone call.

Alabama
Level Contributor
655 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachside Realty

I once owned a condo in PC, and used Beachside to manage it (after firing two other management companies). At the time (5 or 6 years ago), Beachside was the best in town in my opinion. A year or so after I sold my unit, the new owners told me that they had to fire beachside too due to the terrible cleaning issues. I was very surprised to hear that, but these reports seem to be more and more frequent.

It's a terrible shame that Beachside seems to have joined many of its competitors in the toilet. A few years in business seems to be all that most of these places can handle before they simply give up and take a dive. Maybe Beachside has changed owners since I was with them.

We always rent through VRBO and have had good luck dealing directly with owners. When we've gone through a management company, Joni's Beach Rentals has always been a good one to deal with and we've had no cleanliness/service issues with them.

Sorry you had these problems on your trip.

Level Contributor
350 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachside Realty

We have also rented through Joni's Beach Rentals and had no problem. They even called after we checked in to make sure everything was cleaned and working properly. Some people have commented about problems but not us. We would use them again and not be worried.

Edited: 19 July 2014, 16:29
4. Re: Beachside Realty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 06:17