We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Holiday Inn Resort worth it? Traveling w/ 6 year old

Mount Holly,Nc
Level Contributor
91 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Holiday Inn Resort worth it? Traveling w/ 6 year old

We were considering the Holiday Inn Resort with a 6 year old (who loves the kids club at the all-inclusives we went on) and splash parks as well.

Noticed a $90 "service fee" on the price, which I am guessing is a "resort fee"??

We were drawn to here because of the amenities and because she stays and eats free while on site...

Is it worth the price?

Also, any dining coupons for the area out there that anyone knows of?

Trying to compare this against the all-inclusive option right now...

Thanks in advance :)

Alabama
Level Contributor
655 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Holiday Inn Resort worth it? Traveling w/ 6 year old

There are always coupons in the racks at all of the hotels/condos, but you never really know what's available until you are there. They usually include restaurants and attraction discounts....a few dollars here and there can be saved using them.

As for the Holiday Inn...it's been about 5 or 6 years since I've stayed there, but it was pretty nice and I would assume it is still so. It's not 5-star though, and sometimes they're prices indicate that they believe it is. Often times (especially in Summer months), you can get a nice 2BR condo for what a double room costs at the Holiday Inn (or less).

I would estimate what the savings are for your daughter's meals and then shop on VRBO.com for a condo somewhere like Splash, Aqua, or Shores of Panama (make sure you get quotes with all parking/amenity fees included). If it's even or better, I'd recommend the condo route.

If you simply prefer a hotel, H.I. is certainly one of the nicer ones in PC. Everything is beachfront with small balconies. There is a very nice pool area as I recall. Expect 4-star facilities and 3-star rooms.

Mount Holly,Nc
Level Contributor
91 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Holiday Inn Resort worth it? Traveling w/ 6 year old

Thank you. I have seen someone else mention Aqua and that they had a kids Club type deal too. My parents are looking for a place with a pool bar though and not many offer that lol. I'll do some more digging thank you :)

Iowa Park, Texas
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Holiday Inn Resort worth it? Traveling w/ 6 year old

We found some coupons in the lobby of our condo building (shores of panama) for Spinnakers. They were for a free kids meal with adult entrée. We loved Spinnakers!

Columbus, Georgia
Level Contributor
355 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Holiday Inn Resort worth it? Traveling w/ 6 year old

As far as hotels in PCB go, the Holiday Inn is one of the "better" ones. There are activities for kids during the day as well as at night. Pay particular attention to the "eat free" deals....this hotel has several different "levels" of meal and activity options which have different prices which work out to a lot of $$$ more for very little in return. If it were me, I would check out the "kid-friendly" condos....Splash, etc. For the same price per night (oftentimes considerably less) you can get a spacious condo with all the "trimmings" rather than a standard hotel room at Holday Inn. Plus, parking for Holiday Inn is across the street from the actual property.

Talking Rock,Ga
Level Contributor
29 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the Holiday Inn Resort worth it? Traveling w/ 6 year old

We stay here when we go to PCB. When you eat in the restaurants, kids eat for free. They have a daily kids zone, which has activities for the kids, both on the beach and around the pool. There is a pool side restaurant, and a Tiki bar for the adults. They have a kids themed water park area, and then at night there is a Polynesian dance ceremony, and a Dive In Movie (pool side)which is usually Disney or a current selection . During the day, the have a local DJ (Jim) , who comes to the pool area, and plays songs for everyone. The activities person usually has the kids all come up and dance to several songs, and do various fun things. Our kids loved it.

6. Re: Is the Holiday Inn Resort worth it? Traveling w/ 6 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:16