We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy weather ideas??

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
68 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Rainy weather ideas??

I just looked at the forecast for next week and it's showing a chance of rain for every day :(

I'm hoping they are wrong and we get lots of sunny days - or at least a big portion of sun every day. Any ideas of things to do if it's raining? We haven't even left yet, and already I'm bummed out about the weather.

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy weather ideas??

Usually, it is not a rainout. You may have a few pop-up showers. I wouldn't stress too much about it. There is a nice movie theater at Pier Park. There is Wonderworks, Ripley's and Rockit Lanes (I have not been to any of these though). Also, check out Gulf World. The last time it rained, we went downtown to the mall and went to the dollar theater. You'll find plenty to do and will enjoy yourself I'm sure.

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
68 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy weather ideas??

Thanks for the suggestions and for hope of sunny weather!!

Columbus, Georgia
Level Contributor
355 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy weather ideas??

Rockit Lanes is prettty cool......activities and food for any age group. Plus, it is just off Front Beach Road.

Sevierville...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainy weather ideas??

looks like thurs and fri are going to be nice idk what its supposed to look like after. coming up on the 23 hopefully it will be dry

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainy weather ideas??

Florida has a subtropical climate.

That means we have a dry season (October-May) and a rainy season (June-September).

During the rainy season (as the name would suggest) there's usually a 30-40% chance of showers and/or thundershowers every day.

It doesn't rain all day -- but a shower lasting about an hour is pretty much normal for this part of the world, almost every day.

It's okay, though -- it cools things off and knocks the humidity back a little, which makes the evenings fairly pleasant, and it usually comes just about the time it's time to head back to the hotel for a libation, a nap, a shower, or some combination of any or all of these.

Pensacola, Florida
Destination Expert
for Pensacola
Level Contributor
816 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rainy weather ideas??

If there's no lightening, a swim in the rain is beautiful. If not swimming, it's just water. You'll dry.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rainy weather ideas??

but if there's lightning or thunder, find a safe place from where you can watch the storm. Florida leads the nation in lightning strikes (lots of people, lots of lightning) -- and you don't want to be a statistic.

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
68 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rainy weather ideas??

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. We did have some rain and clouds for the first few days - but were still able to get out and enjoy walking on the beach, playing in the sand w/the grandkids,etc. We had red and double red flags, and then finally yellow flags!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rainy weather ideas??

Nic S. - "If there's no lightening, a swim in the rain is beautiful. If not swimming, it's just water. You'll dry."

That's what I was thinking. Even just walking or sitting in the rain on the beach is fine. My wife and I sat out on the beach while Hurricane Isaac passed to the south a couple years ago.

10. Re: Rainy weather ideas??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 05:15