We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crab leg buffet

Swords Creek...
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Topic
crab leg buffet

Best place for all you can eat crab legs?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: crab leg buffet

just went to a buffet at Bishops family buffet...it was "meh". Went for lunch and crab leg weren't served... but is supposed to be on the dinner menu which starts at 3:30 at a cost of $33.

I didn't try dinner but thought I'd chime in with a little info for you. Hope this helps.

Edited: 22 July 2014, 05:35
Alabama
Level Contributor
657 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: crab leg buffet

Captain Jack's on Thomas Drive is known for crab legs.

Columbus, Georgia
Level Contributor
355 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: crab leg buffet

Capt. Jack's on Thomas Drive and Bishop's on Front Beach Road are the only ones I am aware of. The crab legs are served only at dinner and the price is $29.99 for all you can eat. I always eat dinner at Capt. Jack's at least once whenever I am in town and get my money's worth in crab legs....and some. Most eveything else on the buffet at either place is not so great.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: crab leg buffet

If you want to try something cheap, call the buffet in downtown PC called "Chow Time" and see if they have crab legs and fresh oysters on the half shell. The crab legs are small but they don't watch to see if you stick with the limit per person. It's a huge place but if you eat those two things, it's quite a bargain. They had "peel & eat" shrimp as well. Those 3 things are sold out before closing so go early by 6 pm. And plan to be there for a while because there are many buffets as well as a hibachi.

Chow Time

2335 Florida 77, Panama City, FL 32405

(850) 914-0888

Columbus, Georgia
Level Contributor
355 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: crab leg buffet

I wrote a review about Chow Time a couple of years ago when I was in town for my job. If memory serves me, I rated it about as low as any restaurant I had every reviewed. It was one of those all-you-can-eat Asian places and even that food was terrible. The crab legs were tiny, the steak (?) was very tough, and the service was horrible. It appeared to me to be a "cheap" place where people would go for a lot of "food" at a low price. Add to that, cleanliness was NOT on their list of priorities. Not for me ever again! For crab legs, give me Capt. Jack's (see my review above). "You get what you pay for"....

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: crab leg buffet

I agree that Captain Jack's is probably your best bet. The crab legs are a good size and according to my husband have a great taste and are worth the money. However, if you have people in your party that don't eat crab legs, the buffet is not that good. This is my opinion. I am allergic to crab legs and that buffet is no better to me than a Ryans or a Golden Corral.

7. Re: crab leg buffet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 05:15