We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navarre Beach Artificial Reefs (or Snorkeling locations)?

Austin, Texas...
2 posts
Save Topic
Navarre Beach Artificial Reefs (or Snorkeling locations)?

I am going to Pensacola in a week and I was trying to find some place to go snorkeling without having to get a boat ride to.

I have read a lot online about these new Artificial Reefs that they have put in around Navarre Beach. But they just put them in a little over a month ago.

I was wondering if anyone had any comments on them? Have fish been attracted to them yet? It sounds like an awesome idea but maybe I'm going to get there too early.

Also, if anybody has any other snorkeling spots right off the beach around Pensacola/Destin that I could try out that would be awesome. No one I am going with wants to snorkel much so I can't talk anyone into going on one of the Snorkeling Trips with me.

Pensacola Beach...
Level Contributor
179 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Navarre Beach Artificial Reefs (or Snorkeling locations)?

... The USS Oriskany was sunk and is now an artificial reef out in the Gulf of Mexico here in Pensacola.. I dont know much about it or snorkeling but I know people from all over the world come here to dive it.. google it and you will find more answers on it.

Austin, Texas...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Navarre Beach Artificial Reefs (or Snorkeling locations)?

Yea, the problem is none of the people I am going with will go diving with me (I'm a certified diver). I would love to go there. Also, it is long boat ride to get there, not off of the beach.

Thanks for the comment though.

Orange Beach...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Navarre Beach Artificial Reefs (or Snorkeling locations)?

Pensacola Beach has a snorkeling reef about 1.5 miles east of the last building on the beach road. Navarre has snorkeling reefs on the sound side next to the park. It will soon have a Gulf side snorkeling reef like Pensacola.

4. Re: Navarre Beach Artificial Reefs (or Snorkeling locations)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 23:45
Get answers to your questions about Pensacola