We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Pensacola

Which Pensacola hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
162 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Pensacola

Hello,

I am planning a trip to Pensacola for June 16-20. It will be my wife and 2 kids (7 and 1). It's our first time, so I have a couple of questions. I was wondering if we don't stay by the beach (looking at Crowne Plaza Downtown), are there public beaches with easy access? Also, I've read about the Portofino and Pensacola boardwalks, are they far from each other? Which one is better? What else besides the beach would anyone recommend for the kids? Thanks in advance for your help.

Pensacola, Florida
Destination Expert
for Pensacola
Level Contributor
816 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Pensacola

Plenty of public beaches. Not to worry. There is a children's museum downtown and plenty of parks. Also, if the Blue Wahoos are in town. It's a great family event. And of course, the Blue Angels practices and a visit to the Air Museum. You'll love Pensacola.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Pensacola

Crowne Plaza is not particularly kid friendly, in my opinion. If interested in staying downtown, you might consider the Residence Inn (1 and 2-bedroom suites). There's a great little zoo on route 98 in Gulf Breeze. Portofino Boardwalk has some restaurants and shops, often lots of people. We're not into shopping at the beach so I can't give a fair assessment.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
162 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Pensacola

Thanks for the suggestions Nic, I can't believe the Blue Angels practice regularly there! We are excited about our trip.

Thanks MsCheap, I might look into the suites now that my sister has decided to tag along! I'll definitely check out the zoo as well.

Thanks for your help!

4. Re: First time to Pensacola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 06:15