We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best drink in pensacola, fl?

Which Pensacola hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
22 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Best drink in pensacola, fl?

As I am looking up travel information I keep seeing "best Bushwacker in Pensacola" and "Famous Irish Wake". So my questions is what is the best adult drink in Pensacola and where to get it?

Pensacola, Florida
Destination Expert
for Pensacola
Level Contributor
816 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best drink in pensacola, fl?

Bushwhacker for sure. And you have to get it from the Sandshaker. The first two sips are extremely strong and then it will be the best drink you've ever tasted.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,505 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best drink in pensacola, fl?

Irish Wake is at McGuires if you want to try both

pensacola
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best drink in pensacola, fl?

Two different drinks, one is frozen and sweet, the other isn't. Uniqueness goes to the Wake, and only the one in Pensacola not Destin. Destin does not use fresh squeezed orange juice.

Pensacola Beach...
Level Contributor
167 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best drink in pensacola, fl?

Diesel fuel at Flounders

Statesville, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best drink in pensacola, fl?

I agree with tiff, the Diesel at Flounders (a restaurant and bar on the Boardwalk at Pensacola Beach) is amazing as is their Bushwacker. You MUST try a Bushwacker while in Pensacola as the drink was invented in Pensacola (despite what other cities claim)! Its basically the most wonderful adult chocolate shake ever! And trust me, if you have more than one, be very careful when you stand up to ensure you stay standing!

New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
22 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best drink in pensacola, fl?

@MKHalger, As for the bushwacker, you think Flounder's is the best, or where are you suggesting getting that drink?

Thanks to everyone for giving me suggestions! I will try each one of these, (some seem like I may have to split it with my husband because of the potency). We will be there the second week in July. :)

Statesville, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best drink in pensacola, fl?

Yes, I believe Flounders has the best Bushwacker's in town! Theirs are so popular, they use slushie machines to make theirs. The last time I was in town, they had 3 of those things going and all three had enormous amounts of Bushwacker in them. They have to do it this way or else they would have to keep an extra bartender on staff who's only job would be to make Bushwacker's!

Pensacola, Florida
Destination Expert
for Pensacola
Level Contributor
816 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best drink in pensacola, fl?

The bushwacker was invented at the Sandshaker. Go to the original, I promise. I'm a born and raised local. I've tried every bushwacker in the area. You have to start with the shaker's and then you can judge from there. But if you don't know what the original tastes like how are you going to compare them?

Chumuckla, FL
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best drink in pensacola, fl?

Agree with Nic S. Get the original Bushwacker at Sand Shaker. Then walk across street to Flounder's for the Diesel Fuel. McGuire's is worth the trip off the beach and across the bridges just to see a unique restaurant with the added benefit of an Irish Wake. And kiss the moose.

10. Re: Best drink in pensacola, fl?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 07:16