We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pensacola in July w kids

Which Pensacola hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
241 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
pensacola in July w kids

Hi! We are headed to Pensacola Beach July 5 for a week.

I am having a hard time finding things to do, we will have 4 adults and 5 kids under 6 years old. I am used to mountain vacations..planning hikes, etc.

Any tips or suggestions? Scenic drives, places yo collect shells (I've heard PB isn't good for shelling)

We will be watching a blue angels practice.

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pensacola in July w kids

That's great that you're planning to see the Blue Angels--they are awesome! The museum there on the Naval base is free & has lots of interesting aircraft. We started taking our son there around age 5 & he loved it from the first visit.

Go to Ft. Pickens on Pensacola Beach. It's a great & interesting space for running around, exploring, climbing, etc. A fantastic spot for kids!

TN
Level Contributor
286 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pensacola in July w kids

On Pensacola Beach that week you'll be watching the Blue Angels practice whether you want to or not, their Pensacola Beach show is the 12th and they'll be practicing out there all week with a full "dress rehearsal" on Friday the 11th.

I've heard many parents will trick their children by stopping at a souvenir shop and picking up some shells and "hiding" them for their kids to discover at the beach.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pensacola in July w kids

Yes, I'm one of those parents that tricked their kids with souvenir shop shells! It'll be a busy week with lots of traffic. My kids never needed much besides the beach itself. Take them for a walk out on the pier. The drive along the undeveloped national seashore between Pensacola Beach and Navarre Beach is beautiful. There's a nice zoo along route 98 in Gulf Breeze. Nice bike paths, too.

pensacola
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: pensacola in July w kids

Ft Pickens is nice, you can hike in there. Geronimo was once a prisoner there.

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pensacola in July w kids

Thanks for all the replies! Does anyone have a dolphin cruise company they recommend?

Statesville, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pensacola in July w kids

Definitely go to the Naval Museum, kids love it as there are flight simulators, actual fighter jets you can sit in, and some exhibits are kid friendly.

Fort Pickins is great as well. Very historical and educational, plus Geronimo was a prisoner there.

Also check out The Boardwalk schedule, as sometimes they have kid friendly shows and activities during the day before the adult stuff starts in the evening.

Hope this helps!

Pensacola Beach...
Level Contributor
167 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pensacola in July w kids

Cordova Mall, Carmike movie theater on Bayou, NAS museum, Zoo in Gulf Breeze, Sam's Fun City.. and the beach. That's about a weeks worth of stuff to do.

8. Re: pensacola in July w kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 05:16