We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Tides Condominiums How is this place?

West Virginia
Level Contributor
56 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Coral Tides Condominiums How is this place?

My wife and I are going to Florida in a couple of months. A friend of ours works for the military and told us that the Armed Forces Vacation club had openings for the week that we will be traveling at the Coral Tides Condos. Does anyone know of this place? If so how would you describe it? We stayed in Weston, FL using the vavcation club two years ago during our honeymoon and it was great. We are wanting to use this place since it is near the beach but is it nice?

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Weston
Weston
Broward County, FL
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Tides Condominiums How is this place?

Hi Joey

Lulu from the Ft Laud forums aimed me here. I also volunteer on the T/S educational site at www.tugbbs.com and timeshare forums.

Tug has no information, but I asked on the tug bbs under the Florida Forums.

I did find some reviews.....(not on TUG or Timeshare Forums.)

Please be prepared....this place is nothing like the three T/S resorts (related) you found at Weston. They are some five star and all Gold Crown rated.

The Coral Tides is RCI # 0413 ( This number sometimes indicates age...and Shawnee units were RCI # 001....so the units are not young.

The picture I saw show a motel type building, and that is what it was, until converted to a T/S. Right now there is an auction for a week (to buy) with some information and pixs. ( The auction ends tomorrow, and the higest bid for a 2 bath one bedroom is $97.00)

Some selected quotes from some reviews I did find. Furnishings well worn. Could be cleaner. Location excellent., activities: poor Amenities: poor, Service: Poor Family friendliness: Great

The office closes at 5 PM, and (according to one review) does not open on Saturday....YOU NEED TO CALL THEM IF YOU WILL BE LATE.....or no room access.

Go to www.rci.com and it should load for non members. Then go to resorts, and click until you get to SE Fl. Then look for the Coral Tides. I also think you will find some reviews on the www.igougo.com website, since until recently, it was connected with RCI.

If I get any answers from the TUG bbs, I will post here. (Or a will send the posters here)

An idea when using the www.afvclub.com site......(or any of the others.....always try to check the place before you OK the deal. I volunteer at the VA when in NJ, and we help them find places a lot...but we try to check out the places so no surprises.

Now that you have an idea....I don't think you will be unhappy, mainly because you have some info. I think there are plenty of positives....and I doubt the negs I found are as bad as some of the reviewes state.....look here on the TA posts...many seem to put down others to try to boost the resorts they might own at.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Weston
Weston
Broward County, FL
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Tides Condominiums How is this place?

Here is the address if you need it:

Coral Tides Condominiums ( #0413 )

580 Briny Ave.

Pompano Beach, FL , 33062 , USA Phone: 954/941-8500

Mentioned in this post
Pompano Beach
Pompano Beach
Broward County, FL
United States
United States
North America
West Virginia
Level Contributor
56 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Tides Condominiums How is this place?

Thanks Ken and Lulu! My wife really wanted to stay near the beach this time so I decided on Coral Tides without the benefit of looking at the place, it was the only thing near the beach in our price range. We both know it won't be anything like the Weston or Mizner Place but being on the beach is a great incentive. My wife's biggest concern is that it isn't some run down flea bag no tell motel. I have assured her that since these building are being sold as timeshares they have to be decent accomodations. At least for my sake I hope they are.

Mentioned in this post
Weston
Weston
Broward County, FL
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,579 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral Tides Condominiums How is this place?

Ken- you are amazing- thanks for your help as always!!

Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral Tides Condominiums How is this place?

Thanks Lulu.....Thanks Joey

I went back to e bay to see if the $99.00 week at the Coral Tide went up a bit...and could't find it.

BUT...up poped a fantastic postcard of the place dated 1956.....

I don't know if TA will take such a big link, and I forgot how to tinylink these URLs.

You need to scan down to see the pix enlarged. I wonder if it was 10 or 15 years old when this Post Card was sent? (Didn't work....try to search with below)

…ebay.com/FOLKS-POOL-CORAL-TIDES-MOTEL-POMPA…

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,579 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral Tides Condominiums How is this place?

I didn't get the link to work, but searched it out on e-bay- interesting because it shows a view you can't see from the street- and yes, I did "drive by" today on my way up A1A. Briny is a little street that runs parrallel to A1A between it and the Ocean. The Coral Tides is a small property - two stories I think- you can look through the center entrance and see that it is indeed right on the beach. Ther ewere several folks taking a morning fitness walk along the street. Ther is construction across the street- a cluster of very modern looking townhomes that have a sign saying they start at a million dollars( Wow!). The buildings are actually up but they look to still be doing some construction- maybe mainly inside- don't know if it is noisy as it was not operating on Saturday am. The street other than that has small motels and condos- same vintage as the Coral Tides.. The Coral Tides does look to be pretty well maintained, but certainly not glitzy. You are a few blocks south of Atlantic Blvd- I am pretty sure one of my favorite pubs ( also called Briny) is still operating on Atlantic just at the Ocean- I have had nice food and many friendly beers there. They have gone through rough times waiting out the construction, but I think are still hanging in there. There are only a few small restaurants on that end of Atlantic- but Houstons is a block or so west over the Intracoastal bridge right on the water and there is also a Walgreens within walking of your place. Also on Atlantic is a tiny ice cream shop called Heidi's that another poster once mentioned has all homemade ice cream and the best strawberry ice cream he's ever had- their window has a sign also advertising coffee and cappucino.There is a Publix grocery a few blocks west on Atlantic as well. Atlantic doesn't look too great right now- lots of construction in progress- a massive high rise where a strip mall ( Oceanside Center ) used to be - I guess that's progress..

Mentioned in this post
The Atlantic Hotel & Spa
The Atlantic Hotel & Spa
2,132 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Houston's
Houston's
1,279 Reviews
Pompano Beach, FL
Oceanside Hotel
Oceanside Hotel
379 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
West Virginia
Level Contributor
56 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coral Tides Condominiums How is this place?

Lulu thanks for taking your time to check that out for me. You don't know how much this helps my wife, and myself.

Ohio
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Coral Tides Condominiums How is this place?

Stayed there through the RCI timeshare deal last October. Not the fanciest place, definitely "old Florida", but it was very clean and well maintained. Property sits directly on the beach which is terrific! Management was very helpful, considering I would be arriving "after hours". That was no problem at all. Kitchen was fine, cleaning service was always available. Coin laundry on site (not expensive, better than laundrymat machines). Gas grill available, lots of seating. Quiet area, felt very safe and comfortable. No bugs or anything, just geckos! I plan on going there again soon (with the RCI deal of course...couldn't afford it otherwise :)

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
9. Re: Coral Tides Condominiums How is this place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Pompano Beach