We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food/Grocery Shopping in Pompano Beach

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
7 posts
Save Topic
Food/Grocery Shopping in Pompano Beach

Where would you recommend picking up some good quality ingredients for dinners in and around Pompano Beach? A nice grocery store recommendation would be appreciated, or if there is a farmer's market, Whole Foods/Trader Joe's or similar, that would be great to know too.

Thanks!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food/Grocery Shopping in Pompano Beach

There is a Whole Foods fairly close by on Federal Hwy (US 1) in Ft Lauderdale. Plenty of other good local groceries nearby in Pompano on Atlantic and Federal Hwy

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food/Grocery Shopping in Pompano Beach

When are you coming? There is a Green Market every Saturday morning in "old Pompano" on Atlantic Blvd near Dixie Hwy, but it is currently on summer break till October I think . They have quite a nice variety. I will ask my friend Jane , who is a regular buyer there, because it is possible some people set up their booth year round- I just don't know- and she has many favorite booths she could recommend I'm sure- she's a big fan of their fish monger in particular.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food/Grocery Shopping in Pompano Beach

I'm trying to contact my foodie friend Jane who lives in Pompano, but here's some info in the meanwhile- Green Market doesn't open again for the season till late in October- hope that's not too late for you.

I know she also likes Mr. Fish, a permanent seafood business in Pompano, on Atlantic Blvd, near the Intracoastal.

http://www.pompanohistory.com/phc/market/

Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
83 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food/Grocery Shopping in Pompano Beach

Hi this is Jane. I do love the Green Market, even in summer. There are only 2 or 3 vendors in summer, but you can get fresh fruit and veggies, fish and shrimp, and great orange juice and lemonade. It is at 215 N E 4th Ave, basically the corner of 2nd St and 4th Ave. Saturdays 9-1:30. The big Green Market will be open from the end of October through April, Saturday mornings, 8-1.

The vegetable vendors are related to a neat store called By their fruits, located at 40 A W Mcnab, where you find homemade soups, lovely cheeses, as well as standard fresh fruits and veggies.

Publix is actually a great chain, my North Carolina sister loves to shop there. There are lots of them, nearest to Old Pompano is probably on Cypress Road, just south of Atlantic. They are rebuilding one on Atlanric nearer the beach, I am sure it will be great whenever it is done!

Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
83 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food/Grocery Shopping in Pompano Beach

I got cut off before I was finished. A short ride north to Boca Raton will get you to The Fresh Market, on Camino just west of Dixie, as well as a Publix Greenmarket, near the Town Center mall.

We also have 2 Omaha steak stores nearby when you are ready for beef or other goodies.

There is a sausage maker somewhere nearby on Federal Highway, too. Haven't been there, not too big on sausages.

Oh yes, a good butcher near By their fruits, I forget the name, but good meats, cheeses, other Italian staples.

But we don't have Trader Joe's, sadly.

Eat well and enjoy! Love2

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,868 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food/Grocery Shopping in Pompano Beach

Jane- If you are refering to Emil's Sausage Kitchen ( on S. Federal mext to Appetue, I was surprised on my last drive by to see that it appears to be closed and there is now aplace called Emil's advertising in Deerfield Beach- but I have not seen what it is.

Emil's had been at that location for many years , but I think had been sold at one point and then bought back when the new owners apparently were doing poorly and I think Emil wanted to rescue his good name- I saw an" Emil is back" sign on it at one time, but maybe he just coudn't save it- anyway, take a look at the storefront next time you are by and see if what I saw is true.

By the way, I think you told me you thought Appetue was an interesting dining spot, but I'm seeing both very good and very poor reviews.... just wondering if you have had any recent experience there.

Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
83 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food/Grocery Shopping in Pompano Beach

Yes, it was Emils, 122 N. Federal Highway, Deerfield Beach

url: http://european-sausage.com/default.aspx

I have not eaten at Appetue, they have been at the East Village Uncorked a few times. Food was good, but can't say anything else.

8. Re: Food/Grocery Shopping in Pompano Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 20:19