We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety in Pompano Beach

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
Safety in Pompano Beach

Hello All! I will be travelling to Pompano Beach next week and will be staying near the NE 28th Street and E. Atlantic BLVD intersection. How is the area for crime? Is there anywhere we should avoid? And is it safe to walk at night. It looks as though we are a 25 min walk or so from the beach?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety in Pompano Beach

NE 28 St and Atlantic are parallel, so we need some clarification.

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety in Pompano Beach

I am sorry as I look @ the map its E. Atlantic Blvd and NE 26th Ave.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety in Pompano Beach

we shop at a Blockbuster Video and a Publix grocery in that neighborhood and feel secure. You will be fine walking to the beach during the day and it should be less than a half mile. I'd be cautious walking in those neighborhoods at night

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety in Pompano Beach

You're right down the street from Publix Supermarket which is brand new (rebuilt) and also Flannigan's Restaurant and Bar. The area has an event every month that has people walking a couple of blocks at night: www.mypompanobeach.org/events/uncorked.jpg. You'll have just missed it but the city wouldn't have it in an unsafe area. That said I wouldn't walk to the beach at night because of crazy drivers and I'm not sure how well lit it is on the side streets. During the day you'll be completely fine.

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety in Pompano Beach

Thank you for your replies!

6. Re: Safety in Pompano Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 19:16