We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best of Pomapno Beach

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, Oregon
2 posts
Save Topic
Best of Pomapno Beach

Hi Everyone,

I will be visiting Florida for the first time and staying in Pompano Beach June 19-28. I'm trying to find out...

1. Are there any festivals in the area during those dates?

2. What is the best beach to hang out at for the day? Is there one with a bar?

3. Do they do movies on the beach anywhere near there?

4. What is the nearest amusement park? Looking for a good roller coaster.

5. Any suggestions of places we must see or must avoid?

Thanks so much for taking the time to help this Oregonian figure things out. It's much appreciated!!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,122 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best of Pomapno Beach

you should check out sunny.org for some ideas and check back. Also post in the Ft Lauderdale forum for some better responses. We visit Pompano to sit back and relax.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best of Pomapno Beach

Hi! Here are some answers from my POV:

1. Are there any festivals in the area during those dates?

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. But there are often events on Ft. Lauderdale Beach during the summer. The previous poster's suggestion of Sunny.org is a good one.

2. What is the best beach to hang out at for the day? Is there one with a bar?

Pompano Beach is clean and quiet. There is a small shop at the pier that sells beer. A little ways south at Atlantic Blvd is the Briny Pub. Ft. Lauderdale beach is fun but can get crowded. Check out the Elbo Room on A1A and Las Olas Blvd. It's across the street from the beach but really casual. You can wear your swimsuit inside.

3. Do they do movies on the beach anywhere near there?

I've never seen any. It's a good idea!

4. What is the nearest amusement park? Looking for a good roller coaster.

Either Busch Gardens in Tampa or the Kissimmee/Orlando parks are the closest rollercoasters to Pompano.

5. Any suggestions of places we must see or must avoid?

Depends on what you like : ) Let us know if there's anything in particular you would like to do and we an let you know what to seek out. Pompano is close enough to Ft. Lauderdale, Miami and Palm Beach County so there is plenty to do here.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,122 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best of Pomapno Beach

this might interest you as well

www.boomersparks.com/site/dania/index.html

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best of Pomapno Beach

Just be aware that the large roller coaster you can see from the road at the Dania Beach Boomers is no longer operating. At this point I think the place is mainly mini golf, go carts and video games- maybe a few not so new rides ( the type you see at carnivals).

I'm afraid there is no good amusement park anywhere in the area. and not much going on in Pompoano- especially in the summer. It's pretty quiet place. Will you have a car?You might enjoy the Friday and Saturday night music along the beach in Lauderdale by the Sea , the next town south- they close off the street and have dancing.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best of Pomapno Beach

This is the Friday night music in Lauderdale bty the Sea

http://www.villagegrille.com/events.html

I think a different restaurant sponsors something on Saturday. It should be on all summer.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best of Pomapno Beach

Yes, 101 Ocean sponsors Saturday in Lauderdale by the Sea- but that sounds like a DJ only..

http://www.101oceanlbts.com/Entertainment.htm

Salem, Oregon
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best of Pomapno Beach

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. All of your comments were very helpful. We plan on relaxing some of the time and heading out for some adventures. I found some good deals on sunny.org and sounds like we may be driving to Ft. Lauderdale for entertainment. It will be nice to come back to our rental home and relax by the pool. I guess we will see if the kids talk us into driving to one of the large amusement parks 3-4 hours away. Can't wait!

Thanks again,

Melissa

8. Re: Best of Pomapno Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 18:16