We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wyndham Palm-Aire

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new hampshire
Level Contributor
302 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Wyndham Palm-Aire

Staying at the Wyndam Palm-Aire last week of April. I understand you can "request" a particular building to be in. My understanding is that the Queen Palm does not have washers/dryers in 2 bedroom units, so that building is out. One of the buildings has all updated units with granite kitchen and bathrooms, not sure which one though. Any recommendations for these............. Areca Palm, Fountain Palm, Sabal Palm or Royal Palm. My first choice for location would be Fountain Palm, but not sure about the rooms. Thanks for any input you may have.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,119 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wyndham Palm-Aire

All the towers are about ten years old or newer. You should be fine in any of these units.

new hampshire
Level Contributor
302 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wyndham Palm-Aire

Thanks. Do they all have the granite kitchens and baths?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,119 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wyndham Palm-Aire

I'm not sure about the first tower(s). There was granite in the newer towers during my last visit. Even the hallways of the original low rise buildings were nice compared to my first visit there in 1996. We stayed in the older tower building when it was new and thought it was quite nice. I don't know if it was updated since then. Call the resort and ask the front desk any specific questions. I've always found them to be quite helpful.

new hampshire
Level Contributor
302 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wyndham Palm-Aire

Thanks for your help.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wyndham Palm-Aire

Areca is hit or miss but if you get a room higher up you get a good view. It's not that Areca is bad, it's just that some of the units are updated and some are older. The size of the rooms in that building are very roomy. The tv's are very up to date : )

new hampshire
Level Contributor
302 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wyndham Palm-Aire

I was leaning towards the Fountain building which is in the middle. Are you familiar with this building?

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wyndham Palm-Aire

My parents stay at Palm-Aire when they visit but I don't remember them being put in Fountain. I think RCI owners who exchange are usually put in Areca which is where they've been put almost every time.

Mount Laurel, New...
Level Contributor
65 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wyndham Palm-Aire

I went to Palm-Aire in December 2011 and we did stay at the Fountain Palms Building. The main pool with the slide and kiddie pool area is in between this building and the Sable Palms buildings. Either one would be excellent choices.

There is one building to avoid at all costs and nobody has mentioned this -- the Key West Building. Our first night was here and we quickly complained and was moved the next day. The KW building is a two-story motel like structure OUTSIDE the Palm-Aire complex and a dump. As my future trip to Palm-Aire in May, 2013 will be my 3rd trip here, we're planning on requesting either Fountain or Sable Palms building again. I have pictures too of the resort so I can send them out by email if anyone needs them.

new hampshire
Level Contributor
302 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wyndham Palm-Aire

I would love to look at the pictures. caf3225@comcast.net Thanks.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wyndham Palm-Aire

Would also like photos of Palm-Aire sent to snjfaidiga@gmail.com will be visiting soon.

Thanks