We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairways At Palm Aire - Anyone Been Recently ?

Which Pompano Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Webster, Ny
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Fairways At Palm Aire - Anyone Been Recently ?

We are the lucky new owners of a 1 bdrm timeshare at the Fairways at Palm Aire in Pompano Beach. I am having a difficult time finding a lot of reviews, photos of this property. Has anyone been here or familiar with the area ? Some reviews I have seen state it's a good thing the resort is gated because of it's location ? Any input is welcome, we are actually going to try and use the week in September. Also....when I think Florida I think Disney World and haven't really stayed anywhere other than Orlando......what's to do in or near the area, we plan on renting a car. Thanks so much to everyone in advance for your input.

Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairways At Palm Aire - Anyone Been Recently ?

You will find plenty of info at www.tug2.net on the BBS and in the review section.

There are several condo buildings in the Palm Aire Planned Community Country Club that were sold as interval weeks (Timeshare). Some units are very old, dating back to the original Vacation Break Timeshare Company that Fairfield bought out some time ago.

However, FF Resorts has also built several new (I think 2) buildings in the past few years. But the new buildings were not sold as weeks units deeded for live. They were sold as points. This may make somewhat of a difference in how you obtain exchange time, but don't worry, you will be fine.

Be forewarned, if you bought a unit in weeks time, they will attempt to convert you to the points system...and will charge you for the conversion as they happily take away your deeded week.....only you can decide if it is worth it. (Usually it isn't worth it)

Why? Because you can buy FF resale points for .019 cents to about .03 cents each on the resale market. WHen they tell you how many points you will get to give up your deed for points, it will probably be more than the resale points cost...and you lose your week in the process.

So, IMO, keep the week...don't convert unless it costs nothing, and you get enough points to go somewhere with. Public points charts are on the site mentioned above under points T/S systems.

The week you bought should trade fairly well in the RCI system, (as you are aware, RCI & Fairfield share the same company parent-Cendant)

THere is or was a free FF shuttle bus that could transport guests between the FF resorts, including the Palm Aire, the Royal Vista (and Santa BArbara if it ever reopens) and the Sea GArdens and Ocean Palms location. These are all ocean front, and you can use the facilities at these resorts (the Royal Vista surpasses all the others listed).

Also, Palm aire has several golf courses, and there S/B a discount for you at some of them. Across the street is Pompano Harness Race Track......if you like standard bred racing, and betting for the other tracks as well.

Pools are pretty nice. FF seems to have different policy as to keeping the different building ship shape. THere have been complaints as to how some of the units are kept up, mostly in the older buildings. As an owner, I believe you will always get up graded to satisfactory or better units.

Much more info is available at the above link and at the Fair Field Yahoo groups site.