We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 questions:

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
84 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
4 questions:

Hi,

Our family (1 husband, 1 wife, 1 - 19yo daughter) will be cruising into Port Canaveral in March

1) How is the food at Rusty's Seafood & Oyster Bar?

2) are there good beaches within a mile of the port?

3) are there hotel shuttles or local transportation between the port and Cocoa Beach?

4) are there other activities besides the beach right in Port Canaveral?

Thanks

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,509 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 questions:

Here is the link to the Cocoa beach trolley service. cityofcocoabeach.com/visitors/beach_trolley.…

Personally I do not like Rusty's. Have tried them several times and still don't like their food. Others seem to love the place. I like Grills or Fish Lips better. There are miles of beach in the Cocoa Beach area. There are a couple parks with beach access. Cocoa Beach Pier is popular. You can watch the surfers from there, get a drink, dine, fish or just relax. Ron Jons is interesting to visit altho a little touristy. Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge is nearby and of course Kennedy Space Center. There are a couple of go-kart / arcades along the strip too.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 questions:

1. Rustys is good. So are the others in the port.

2.Jetty Park.org is the closest and my favorite.

3. Cheapest is to rent a car for the day. Avis, Hertz, Budget, Thrifty/Dollar, and Enterprise will all shuttle you to/from the ship.

4. KSC would be my 1st choice if you have not seen it. You will get a bunch of beach on the cruise.

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
84 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 questions:

Thanks so much for the reply!

I went to the scat link but couldn't figure out where I would get on or off so I went to the main site and emailed them.

My family and I enjoy taking the local transportation when possible.

4. Re: 4 questions:

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2011, 05:16