We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle Launch Boat Tours?

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Shuttle Launch Boat Tours?

I'm hoping to view the last shuttle launch scheduled for July, and I wasn't lucky enough to get tickets for the NASA Causeway. I hear Titusville is a great place to view, but it will be an absolute zoo traffic-wise, and I'm up for that (I've got young kids).

I've also heard that a boat tour is a great way to see the launch. Any recommendations of reputable operators? Also, any recommendations on where to go? I've heard you might be able to get closer to the pad on the Atlantic side, because the buffer is about 10-12 miles on the Banana and Indian Rivers.

Thanks for the info!

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,964 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle Launch Boat Tours?

I am not aware of any boat tours but do know the Coast Guard stops boats just on the Northside of the Beachline (Hwy 528). I live in Cape Canaveral and would recommend you come and stand on the ocean for a great view.

Preston

Hopkinsville, KY
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle Launch Boat Tours?

I will be staying at cocoa beach by the pier on July 8. Will I be able to get a good view from there?

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,728 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle Launch Boat Tours?

The pier will be an excellent spot to view the shuttle launch but you better get there extremely early. It will be crowded and who knows if you can even find parking.

4. Re: Shuttle Launch Boat Tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 07:17