We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Canaveral from sanford?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Port Canaveral from sanford?

Hi my partner and i are flying into sanford airport, we were wondering what is the cheapest way to get a transfer into port canaverel, the problem is neither of us drive. We were hoping to do a 3 night bahamas cruise but may not depending on costs of transfers and the amount of hassle.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Canaveral from sanford?

Yo may want to ask in Sanford. I am not sure besides renting a car.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,318 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Canaveral from sanford?

There won't be a cheap transfer from Sanford. If you look at Google maps and view the route between Sanford and Port Canaveral, you will see that it is not exactly next door. There will be a cheaper (but not cheap) option from MCO. Have you tried contacting Mears and looking into a town car service?

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,577 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Canaveral from sanford?

Although Orlando International is closer (45 minutes) from the port, some travelers do use Sanford, which is almost twice as far (75-80 minutes).

As previous posters have stated, the best way is to hire a car. But, if you don't drive, there are shuttle services available between Sanford and Port Canaveral. Take a look at the limo/shuttle services under ground transportation at www.orlandosanfordairport.com . Similarly, you can go to the transportation page under "cruising" at www.portcanaveral.com for a list. A couple of the bigger services at the port are Mears and TraveLynx, but I am not familiar with their services to Sanford.

I haven't used a shuttle between Sanford and the port area, but have used Cocoa Beach Shuttle between Orlando and the port area; I was satisfied with them, but they have had a few complaints registered here. As to cost, I'd guess about $75 per person each way from Sanford -- an estimate based upon the typical price from Orlando to the port, $30-35. Do not use a taxi without pre-negotiating the rates, because it is too far.

I wouldn't let the extra cost of the shuttle deter a cruise you'd really like to do, because it certainly won't be that expensive relative to the total cruise cost. If you do the transfer between Sanford and Port Canaveral, let us know how it went.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port Canaveral from sanford?

Try florida magical tours. We used them last year for our Port Canaveral transfer. www.flmagicaltours.com

5. Re: Port Canaveral from sanford?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 05:15