We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Port Canaveral

Ireland
Level Contributor
97 posts
343 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at Port Canaveral

Would anyone have any information on parking at Port Canaveral Fl. I am thinking of taking a short 3 night cruise departing from Port Canaveral & will have a car with me. Would you have any idea what the parking rates are, also whether there is ample parking (I note from Google Map that there are a number of parking lots) / would they be busy the 1st week in April 14? All comments are greatly appreciated.

Regards

MC1

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,318 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Port Canaveral

Parking AT the Port is $20 a day. For the others, were the billions of other posts before yours not helpful?

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,875 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Port Canaveral

boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php…

Mechanicsville...
Level Contributor
223 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Port Canaveral

I took a three day Disney Cruise this past April. We parked at the terminal for $20 per day. There are cheaper options, but one advantage to parking at the terminal is TIME : I was on Interstate 95 headed home 20 minutes after I left my cabin. Those who had parked offsite were still waiting for their shuttles to pick them up.

Ireland
Level Contributor
97 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at Port Canaveral

@surffishFLA thanks for the price. As for your second comment; if I had read the "billions of other posts" why would I have asked the question.

Ireland
Level Contributor
97 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at Port Canaveral

@1967foodie Thanks for the help

Ireland
Level Contributor
97 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking at Port Canaveral

@Orlando_Vic Thanks I had never used Cruise Critic; I appreciate the help

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,875 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking at Port Canaveral

The link in that thread http://www.parkcruise.com/ mentions a daily parking rate of $7.99 with online reservation. The reviews seem to be pretty good.

Ireland
Level Contributor
97 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking at Port Canaveral

@Orlando_Vic

I love it! I will deffo consider this as an option; thanks again

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking at Port Canaveral

For those of you (like me) who are Googling around looking for the best rate/safest lot/closest to the dock, etc., this review is for you. I was all over the internet trying to find the best/cheapest etc. and found that parking was around $7-$10 a day no matter where you were. The hotels that offer you free parking actually end up costing you more when you figure in the hotel rate for the night before. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Orlando Airport for $79 and after a quick 30 minute drive, parked here at Cruise Parking of Orlando for $6.99 a day.

Check in/arrival: They directed us in right off the road to park in front of the waiting room. Inquired if we would like to valet or self park (we self parked) and told us to unload our bags here at the building and then park anywhere in the lot.

Parking Lot: Gravel, fenced with barbed wire and well lit. In good shape, no water or drainage problems. Little shade but we put the sun shade in the window.

Waiting room: I went and paid for the parking with Jill (Super nice and polite) while my wife used the bathroom (clean and stocked). No sooner had I sat down when they were already calling our number to board the transport.

Transport: We had a van on the way over, but there were only about 10 of us in it, so it was comfortable. Van was clean, cool and the driver was awesome. Driver loaded bags into a trailer with a gentle touch and the trip was less than 10 minutes to the port.

Disembark/pickup after cruise: Jill had given me a business card stapled to my receipt that had directions to the pick up area. It directed me right to the waiting van and Jill was there herself to help coordinate the shuttles and luggage. They start running shuttles early (7am) so if you have to get on the road early (like we did) you are more than covered.

Return: Car was right where I had left it, no scratches, dings, washouts or anything else wrong. They offer a wash/detailing service which next time we will definitely take advantage of. 5 out of 5 starts from me. Please direct message me if you have any other questions.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,577 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking at Port Canaveral

I would allow more than 30 minutes for the drive from around MCO airport to the port. It's about 50 miles, and the fastest I've ever made it is about 40 minutes, with a SunPass to avoid stopping to pay tolls. Allow at least 45 minutes, or slightly more if you are paying cash tolls ($2 total) on the Beachline Expressway. If you are leaving from around Disney or the southbound Turnpike, allow at least an hour. Or, I-95 runs about 10-15 minutes from the port.

I drove that route today, and there was an accident near the airport, resulting in a backup and delays. I Usually recommend staying around Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach, so that the morning of your cruise is hassle-free. There is a wide range of rates available, some with breakfast, free shuttle to the cruise port, and parking while you are cruising, as mentioned.

Edited: 10 June 2013, 05:18