We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel and transportation from mco to port canaveral

Gibbsboro, New...
4 posts
Save Topic
hotel and transportation from mco to port canaveral

can anyone recomend a good hotel in the port canaveral area were coming in the day before the cruise ? Also do these hotels pick up at mco.If not whats a good option

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel and transportation from mco to port canaveral

There are many hotels within 10-15 minutes of the port, both in Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach. Look at the pages for those two cities, but the Radisson is very close to the cruise terminals, has a nice pool, and operates a fleet of shuttles to get you to the port in the morning. If you want something on the beach, look at the La Quinta Suites Oceanfront, which is usually a good value.

The port is about 50 miles from MCO via the Beachline Expressway, so none of the port hotels provide free shuttle service from the airport. If there is more than one person in your party, the best option usually is to rent a car at the airport, then use it to get to the hotel and drive around the beach area, and then turn it in before your cruise. Companies with offices near the port include: Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Enterprise/Alamo/National, Hertz, and Payless. Cars at usually fairly inexpensive, in the $40-60 range for a one-day trip.

There are dozens of shuttle services that provide passenger service between the airport and either the port or nearby hotels. There is a list under ground transportation on the port's website, and you can also look for specific recommendations at www.cruisecritic.com . Typically, the one-way fare is around $30-35. A hotel may offer to arrange a shuttle for you, but you can usually do it cheaper yourself.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel and transportation from mco to port canaveral

There are 5 hotels that offer cruise & fly packages: parkingstay.com/p/…FLY .

If one of those doesn't work for you, just select any Port Canaveral hotel & book your shuttle seperately on your own.

Gibbsboro, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel and transportation from mco to port canaveral

thanks for your help, I appreciate all the info.

Gibbsboro, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel and transportation from mco to port canaveral

thanks for the info .

London, ON
Level Contributor
4 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel and transportation from mco to port canaveral

I have checked several of these, and it looks like these link to old offers. I have already checked 3 different links, and none of them offer the fly and stay options for the dates we are travelling. Your mileage may vary.

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
2,669 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel and transportation from mco to port canaveral

I just did this a week ago at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach - which is on that web-site. I did the fly, snooze and cruise package - which provided round trip transportation to MCO, and a shuttle to the port before the cruise. Worked great. I have it booked for October again.

London, ON
Level Contributor
4 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel and transportation from mco to port canaveral

How much was it and how did you go about booking it?

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
2,669 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel and transportation from mco to port canaveral

Here is a link to a page that lists other hotels that offer this service as well.

parkingstay.com/p/port-canaveral-area-hotels…

I am paying like $142 a night (before taxes and fees). This includes the transportation costs. For the hotel I stayed at, you can book on line if you need transportation for 2. For me, I only needed transportation for 1 - so I had to call to book my stay. And because I was a single, they subtracted 52.50 out of the cost - so for transportation for 2 it would be around $195 before taxes and fees.

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel and transportation from mco to port canaveral

We are a family of 7 including a 1yr old baby flying into MCO the night before the cruising from Port Canaveral. Is it best to stay near the airport and get a transportation from there? Or is best to stay near the Port? If we decide to stay at a hotel near the airport, how do we get to the Port and what time should we leave the hotel?

Thanks,

Salvador, BA
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel and transportation from mco to port canaveral

We also came into Orlando the night before. We stayed at a hotel near the airport, which offers a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, saving us money right off the bat, plus we only paid $59 for the room. Nice hotel with free breakfast in the morning. Holiday inn express. We also used a shuttle service to take us to the ship and back after the cruise. Tropicana transportation. They picked us up right at the lobby, on time, nice driver and comfortable ride. If we take a cruise out of port canaveral again, we would do the same thing. Sorry we don't have any other hotel or shuttle recommendations to offer since we haven't used any others.