We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new to port st joes

burton on trent
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
new to port st joes

Hi i'm visiting psj from england. I'm comming with with my family from atlanta in feb. Can you recommend some things to do? restaurants not to be missed? Nearby beaches? I am a complete novice so any info greatfully recieved. Have only visited orlando before. Thanks

Palm Harbor, FL
Level Contributor
200 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new to port st joes

We loved Peppers Mexican restaurant in Port St. Joes little downtown area. The beaches on Cape San Blas are beautiful. Nearby Appalachicola has lots of cute shops, restaurants, etc. Hope you enjoy!

burton on trent
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new to port st joes

our fanily also love peppers but we ran out of time. we did go to apalachiacola but on a sunday and nearly everwhere was closed. we did drive over that long road in the sea to ??? island got some great prawns or shrip from one of the vans there. Loved the cape thanks for your advice. sally

BVI
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: new to port st joes

Better restaurants around town....

Maybe it was the weather or just a great day on the bay scallopin' but or dinner tonight was fantastic.

Just great food. Good music a nice server. What else is needed to finish off a great day.

I know the kids loved the food. My oldest said the cowboy steak might have been the best thing he has eaten since the fourth of July bbq we had last summer. Those porterhouse steaks were good. My wife had the seafood combination platter that had all the good stuff. Big and tasty. Lightly breaded yet crunchy. She had a glass of Conundrum and thought it was the highlight of the night.

Myself, the sushi was just a starter course but, it was so big I ended up sharing it. The chef special that the waitress told us to order was a crabcake. "Just one I said, yeah that is all you need. It is a jumbo cake." And it was. Tenderly falling apart with just a touch from the fork, and the sauce-a grainy mustard buttery cream sauce.

I know it is a local place but this isn't just a local favorite, it is now ours.

Marianna FL
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: new to port st joes

Sunset Coastal Grill - Port St. Joe, Florida - make sure you go at sunset!

Shrimp Boat & Captain Anderson's - Panama City, Florida - YUM!

Caverns State Park in Marianna, Florida.

If you stay on Panama City Beach, I would recommend the Calypso Resort. BEAUTIFUL beaches and convenient location across the street from the fun Pier Park.

Marianna FL
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: new to port st joes

Sunset Coastal Grill in Port St. Joe - go at sunset!

The Shrimp Boat and Captain Anderson's in Panama City.

If you're staying on Panama City Beach, I would recommend the Calypso Resort. Fabulous beaches, convenient location directly across from fun Pier Park. You can just walk into the lobby and make reservations for a condo.

6. Re: new to port st joes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 22:19
Get answers to your questions about Port Saint Joe