We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skybus is Coming

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
500 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Skybus is Coming

heraldtribune.com/article/…709210415

Cheap tickets to/from Columbus Ohio.

I just bought roundtrip tickets from Columbus to Punta Gorda for $116 w/ tax. 10 tickets on every flight are going for only $10 each way plus tas. If you are lucky, you can get roundtrip tickets for around $40 w/ tax.

Portland, ME
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Skybus is Coming

I was lucky!!! I got 10 seats for 3. Total Roundtrip w/taxes $95.40. We are flying from Portsmouth.

I don't have any idea where I will stay yet, or car rentals around the airport. But, come January 29th, I will have something to look forward to rather than the snow. Nice break to the winter season.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skybus is Coming

If you are looking for accommodations try a vacation rental home. There are an abundance in nearby Rotonda West- it is near golf, fishing beaches, shopping etc. Some good listing sites are www.vacationhomerentals.com, www.gulfcoastrentals.com . For ideas about things to do in the area check out www.pureflorida.com

You will love the area- it is beautiful and not too crowded.

Have a great trip!

ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skybus is Coming

Got tickets on skybus too. Wondering about accommodations for just 3 nights. Any suggestions? Want to find some place with a view and not too crowded. Thanks!

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skybus is Coming

If you are looking for an ocean view- check around Englewood Beach or Boca Grande. Another option although may be a bit more expensive is Palm Island Resort- www.palmisland.com The website www.pureflorida.com may have some other lodging options.

ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skybus is Coming

thanks!

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Skybus is Coming

This is a great welcome to the area for those who want cheap flights and be closer to where you want to go. They will be adding on other cities in the future.

Enterprise Car rental is available right at this brand new terminal.

Easy access to Interstate 75 whether you are staying nearby or going north or south. A hotel is soon to be built here. Also Charlotte Motorsports is expanding.

Dont for get to visit the Southwest Florida Welcome Center at I-75 exit 161, 26610 Jones Loop Rd., 33950. You can pick up lots of info here and free internet & computer use. Pick up a free local map.

Maine
Level Contributor
353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Skybus is Coming

I just booked three tickets for next May from Portsmouth for $95. We have family in Punta Gorda so we probably won't need a hotel. This trip wasn't planned and we'll only be there for 3 nights but I couldn't pass on the price!!

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Skybus is Coming

May is a great time to come, just starting to warm up.

Maine
Level Contributor
353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Skybus is Coming

We've been to WDW in early May twice and had great weather both times. Last time we went over Memorial weekend and we had a lot of rain so I'm hoping we don't get the same type of weather this time around. Can't control the weather though!! :)

10. Re: Skybus is Coming

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 03:16