We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Caribe -Level Adults vs. Paradisus Palma Real non RS

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Melia Caribe -Level Adults vs. Paradisus Palma Real non RS

I hope this doesn't show as a double post, but i can't seem to find my post anywhere on the boards.

I *think* we have narrowed our choices down to these 2 resorts for a 4 night stay....though there are so many to choose from, it's quite daunting!

The price for a Level Adults Only suite at Melia is the same price as a luxury garden view at the Paradisus Real, if I pre-pay now. From reading, it seems that people think the Paradisus is a bit of an upgrade from the Melia, but the new rooms at the level look pretty nice.

We are a couple in our mid-30's who don't have kids, though I kids don't both us really. Most important to us is beach, which seems the same at both, calm nice water. We also like a nice pool for an evening dip. After that we are about a comfy bed and room with a balcony--close to ocean is ideal, though not going to pay for that this trip... so garden view will have to do.

Other things that matter:

-Proximity of bars to the beach/pool so we can get drinks during the day

-Quality of food and i guess ease of getting reservations

-Some nightlife would be nice but we don't need a huge party

-Nice grounds and don't mind walking for 10-15 minutes to eat, but our room being near the beach and pool is a priority as well as close to at least one place to get drinks.

any advice on what to choose?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Caribe -Level Adults vs. Paradisus Palma Real non RS

well, looks like i selected the wrong forum, so maybe this won't work. i don't want to post again, but i don't think i can move this.

2. Re: Melia Caribe -Level Adults vs. Paradisus Palma Real non RS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2015, 06:16