We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October in Rotonda West

Level Contributor
50 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
October in Rotonda West

Looking to rent a villa or home in this area for October. Is it better to rent a home that offers golf included?is there a area in the circle that is better to stay in? Is this considered low season? How is the North section? 4 -6 adults in there 50's looking to relax and go to beach or pool with some golf involevd. Any information would be helpful.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October in Rotonda West

Some villas include golf, but they tend to be more expensive. You can always pay for golf as and when you need it.

Ocotber is still low season. All parts of the circle are good, it is the house and the size of pool, and which way ti faces, the amenities and the price that are of possibley more concern.

I go for a week to my house last week of october and it is a great time to visit.

Level Contributor
50 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October in Rotonda West

Thanks for your help. Found a home in our price range with all the amenities we wanted in the North section with golf included. Have any suggestions for going to the local beaches?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October in Rotonda West

Gasparilla Island has some great beaches (i like South Beach) but you have to pay $4 to cross the bridge.

Manasota Key has 4. Stump Pass, Englewood, Blind pass and Manasota beaches. My favs are Blind pass and Stump pass. Englewood is the main one and where we sometimes go for a few mins to watch the sunset but it is more heavlily used than the others. Lost of sharks teeth to find if that is your 'thing' (it has been my thing since I was a small child in SC).

Level Contributor
50 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October in Rotonda West

Is it $4 a person or car load!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October in Rotonda West

Car- one way. coming back is 'free'.

The old bridge was destroyed in a hurricane so fares have to pay for the new one.

Level Contributor
50 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October in Rotonda West

Thanks that is pretty reasonabe!

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October in Rotonda West

Found some good fares on AA last night, so am going to book October for a week!

Can't wait!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October in Rotonda West

Are you going to be there for half term? Might be our last Oct half term as the twins will be doing A2's next year and then I presum on to Uni so might do Sept or xmas in future?

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October in Rotonda West

Yes we are .. but no kids! (they go to our ex's ! )

Was expecting much higher fare as its half term

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: October in Rotonda West

I am looking forward to gpoing out of school hols finally once they are gone lol.

Get answers to your questions about Rotonda West