We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,062 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Easter

Roll call!

Who's going in April? Whe only just booked tickets today. We are coming in on the 15th. We are stopping off in Boston on the way to see the sights ;-)

Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
Level Contributor
747 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter

You have a fab time! Afraid we won't make it this easter, as home is alraedy fully booked. Next outing for me will be the summer, but I haven't booked my flights yet - still deciding should I fly direct or should I stop off.... Chicago is looking like a good route for me, so thought perhaps a few day there to see the sights............ but then again direct flight to either Tampa or Miami and maybe do a side trip when we are there. Hoping to be in RW for a month in the summer,.... and it can't come soon enough!

Have a ball over Easter.

Rosie

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
129 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter

Hi Amanx

We will just miss you, we are out on 26th March for 3 weeks returning on 16th April.

We are so looking forward to it, the weather is lovely there at the mo, hopefully it will stay hot now.

Whinnie

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,062 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter

We hope so too!

I would have just crossed your path, but for the few days in Boston. So a few live TRs would be great if you can find the time ;-)

My house is rented tikl the 9th, and then again for a while after easter. Don't think I will be back in june this year- not sure and haven't booked. Only one of the boys will be off school then as they go straight back to start A levels after they take their AS exams in may/june.

England
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter

We are in Florida 8-22 April, Miami-Orlando-Venice-Naples-Miami, so I guess we will be passing close to where you are if I understand that right.

Might need some more tips from you for our 3 night stay in Venice( best beaches), but got to go now.

Enjoy your hols and your stay in Boston.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,062 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter

Caspersons is nice, but check out Blind pass on manasota key south of you, and Siesta Key public beach north of you.

England
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter

Thanks amanx, you are a fountain of knowledge. Will try them out. DS 11 is of course keen to find sharks teeth to impress his friends at school.

Any recomendations for a good family meal in Venice? Staying in Venice to hopefully escape the major hustle and bustle and hope to walk to many places after driving daily in Orlando.

We might also take a drive to Myakka state park to see some nature, is there a good place for kayaking?

One last thing, is there anywhere with a decent chance of seeing some dolphins in the wild, DD 14 is desperate to see them in their real habitat.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,062 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easter

Sharks teeth. Casperson's is famous, but ui get more on Blind pass and Stump pass beaches on Manasota and south beach on gasparilla.

Good family meal in venice, Sharkeys ont he pier at lunch is great as parking is free and combines the beach. As far as wlaking will all deodn on where you booked and you haven't said. Lots of good places to eat in Venice DT area, but as I have aqhime not far south I don't stay for dinner. Try the venice forum.

Myakka is great, and Snook haven off river road east of Venice os good for kayakking as well. And you can rent them from bay and beach areas too.

I have seen dolphins frm the pier at sharkeys, seen them frm the beaches frm gasparilla island to Anna Maria, and seen them in Lemon bay frm my local tiki bar.

England
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easter

Great. I think we have chosen the right place. We'll be staying at the beach Villas, so I guess downtown is walkable, or am I wrong?

I will look at all your suggestions and hope we can fit it all into 3 days.

Sharkys seems to be a good coice, especially with a chance to see Dolphins.Snook Haven looks so cute and offers the kayaking option as well.

Thanks again amanx

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,062 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easter

Trolli, I don't know the beach villas, do you have an address?

Anyone else going for Easter? Sunshine surrey maybe? May be our last easter for a year or two. Next year they will have study to do plus an outward bound type thing where they have to kayak aroudn the Isle of Man. Maybe again once the twins are at University?

The only plans I have made so far is to go to a Stone Crabs game, and maybe drive east to see the shuttle launch.

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easter

@ amanx

No we are at home this Easter ... planning on going back for a week in October as usual and then taking the whole family Easter '11

Cant wait to get back there!

Get answers to your questions about Rotonda West