We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Menswear

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Menswear

IS there any place that you regulars or locals would recommend particularly for menswear?

Two sons are looking to buy clothes, both casual and work (office = suit). We will be going to Ellenton but there is not a whole lot of choice there for suits, etc and I see that Hugo Boss is no longer at Miromar outlets. We don't want to go as far as Orlando or Miami and just wondered what the choices would be.

We normally buy shoes at Nordstrom but this is a bit of trek so we may get just before going to TPA for their flight home.

Any ideas just let me know. Thanks.

Edited: 06 February 2012, 17:08
Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Menswear

The international Mall is right by TPA so they could arrive early and take the perimeter road and park and spend a few hours shopping.

Plenty of eateries and the car park is easy.

If you google it you will be able to see the list of shops.

Lynne

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Menswear

So you would suggest the international Plaza at Tampa is our best bet?

http://www.shopinternationalplaza.com/

We have been there quite a number of times and normally stop in to the cheesecake factory before heading to the airport for our flight home. I love this mall.

Rotondagirl1 thanks for your assistance. Any other suggestions appreciated.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Menswear

I recently bought my husband a suit in the Macy's sale (plus got 10% off on top). Suit jacket and 2x trousers Ralph Lauren for abt $250 ish. Had to go collect the trousers at a different store though (Jacket in Pt C, and the trousers in Westfield in Sarasota). I always like to get 2 pairs of trousers as they wear out before jackets do.

I find with suits, regular malls/stores are better. I buy lots of casual stuff places like Hollister, abercrombie and Aero for my boys. So you could look int he bigger regular malls in Ft Myers (look at coconut point) and Sarasota.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Menswear

Ok, thanks, that helps. Where is best at Sarasota? I have never been to Macys in Sarasota. Can never get my OH off the island when we are at Anna Maria.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Menswear

there are several malls, go to macy's wwebiste and look up the one you feel is nearest. And dont forget to bring photo Id for your 10% off cards.

and if you are over 50, Bealls has discounts every Tuesday if you bring ID. Good for basics, trainers and tshirst etc.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Menswear

Thanks. Port Charlotte one looks a lot closer than the Sarasota options so will try there first. We will go up to Anna Maria island at some point so can stop in past one of the other ones if we haven't got what he needs by that time.

Almost but not quite there to get the Bealls discount but keep that in mind for future visits.I will have a look in any way as I don't think I have ever been in that store before.I will take a look on their website to see where they are.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Menswear

We always try Pt C first, but the macy's there is small, and doesn't have a good range of suits. Dt Sarasota and Coconut point have better selection.

When at the mall, I like to have lunch at Joe Cracker across the parking lot. Run by the same pople who run Sharley's at the pier in Venice. It is a sports bar.

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Menswear

Never really thought of buying businesswear in Florida? .. to me buying clothes there is all about casualwear.

American Eagle is my favorite. Excellent stuff for age 16+ . Register on their web site and you get emailed discount codes!

I think Aero as gone downhill in the last couple of years and A&F gives me a headache when you go in them with the loud music and strong perfumes they spray in there! LOL

International Plaza at Tampa is by far the best Mall, followed by Brandon Town Mall ( there is also a Five Guys Burgers in the food court there!). Also at Tampa, West Shore is not bad if youre looking for a Macys, Saks or JC Penney on your last day!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Menswear

Thanks a lot. Great info. I will let them go into A& F themselves, know exactly what you mean.

My DH has bought suits at Ted Baker outlet and Hugo Boss outlet previously so that's why I thought of it.

Never been at Brandon town mall, just been at Costco in Brandon on our way past. I think I may have been at west shore a few years ago. All good info.

I will sign up for American Eagle. Now to start checking out places to eat.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Menswear

I don't buy suits often (or if I do in cities as FL is a bit sparse) but I did last time.

I agree, we usually stock up on casual stuff.

Get answers to your questions about Rotonda West