We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best breakfast restaurant/cafe?

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
2 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Best breakfast restaurant/cafe?

dear all,

we are staying in Rotonda west for a couple of weeks in July. We always love going out for breakfast, having a american omelette and pancakes. We don't mind driving for awhile to get the perfect breakfast. Have anyone of you found one that you could recommend?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,965 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best breakfast restaurant/cafe?

I don't eat breakfast out. Because I have very bad jet lag and my teenagers don't! ;-) So I cook and eat in, and get on with my garden etc while they sleep lol.

There are chains in the area (ie Englewood) such as Denny's, and the Spinnaker Cafe and the Egg and I both come to mind.

Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best breakfast restaurant/cafe?

We usually go to the Egg and I for Sunday Breakfast, it is close to Rotonda West on the Placida Rd.

The Waterside Grill on Gasparilla Rd also does breakfast and is a nice location by the marina.

If you want something a little more formal, Boca Royal in North Englewood does a silver service breakfast, coffee cups instead of mugs and the dining room overlooks the golf course.

Personally we do not like Denny's,

On 41 in Port Charlotte is a Mels Diner, we have not tried this one but has been recommended.

Lynne

Edited: 30 June 2012, 08:38
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,965 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best breakfast restaurant/cafe?

I thought the Mel's in Pt C had closed and was now an Ihop? We used to stop in there for lunch occasionally? The one in Venice has changed hands too.

And yes, I am not a big fan of Dennys but if I ad to eat there would choose breakfast overlunch or Dinner ;-)

I have eaten at Waterside and liked it, but for lunch usually.

Michigan
Level Contributor
253 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best breakfast restaurant/cafe?

Second the Egg and I, good food and reasonably priced. Also the marina in Placida has a descent breakfast. Enjoy

Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best breakfast restaurant/cafe?

Amanx you are right it is IHOP but I could not remember the name and only been home just over a week.

Ihop has been recommended to us but as said I have not eaten there.

Lynne

Epping, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best breakfast restaurant/cafe?

The mango bistro in Dearborn street, old englewood is good for breakfast (not sure if they specifically do pancakes, pretty sure they do eggs). For classic American breakfast, Spinnakers has a good choice

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,965 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best breakfast restaurant/cafe?

I have heard good things about Food Is Love, but never eaten there.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best breakfast restaurant/cafe?

Punta gorda - golden corral.

Camberley, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best breakfast restaurant/cafe?

Good Times next to Publix at Merchants Crossing. Taken over from Dennys as our favourite breakfast diner. It's where the locals go and it's cheap.

If anyone is ever up at Clearwater, then Maggie Maes is THE best place for breakfast!

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
2 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best breakfast restaurant/cafe?

thank you all for the recommendations. I am sure we try some of them during our stay.

regards

Henric

Get answers to your questions about Rotonda West