We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

Which Ruskin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chillicothe, OH
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

We are planning a trip to the gulf side of Florida and are considering this resort. Could anyone give me any opinions on a recent stay there? Does this resort have elevators? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I need to know quickly though, we are going to reserve a room somewhere tonight. Thanks!!

14 replies to this topic
Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

I do hope you know that this is not on the Gulf coast. It is inland, on the eastern side of Tampa Bay.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

While the property is on the water it is not the kind of water you would want to go into. It does have a small man-made beach with sand that was brought in from elsewhere so it is okay for sitting out in the sun.

You would have to drive over to St. Petersburg Beach or Clearwater Beach to get Gulf water for swimming.

Candle Lake
Level Contributor
21 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

The reviews for this hotel are incredibly diverse with comments ranging from terrible to terrific. Is it clean, quiet and beautiful or not now?

Chillicothe, OH
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

I agree!

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

It is not on the gulf. it is on an inland bay, and is not what you are looking for!

Chillicothe, OH
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

We checked it out online and read a lot of reviews. We have decided to give it a try. We are going in early January, so I don't think we would be getting in the water. If it is clean and we can relax, I think we will enjoy it. I will post my review of this property when I get back!!

Springville, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

We stayed at Little Harbor last year and are returning this year so I'd like to add some advice if you are considering staying here:

Be sure you get one of the condo-style rooms as they are new and well appointed....there is an older motel-style complex so be sure to avoid staying there as it is dated and does not have a nice view. We liked the area as we like to travel around to various areas to do activities such as golfing, biking, kayaking and it is a short drive to Tampa and Bradenton areas. If you like to lie on a beach and ocean swimming, however, this is not the place for you as the water is still and not inviting to go into. The pools are fine for a dip or reading a book beside though a bit busy when we were there and it was hard to find a chair at times. We got a good deal on one of the new rooms with a kitchenette and really enjoyed our time but be advised that this area is not a built-up area of Florida so although centrally located, it is a bit isolated.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

Hello,

I am interested in your review from January. Have I missed the post?

Thanks.

Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

This is scaring me a bit as I have already paid for a week in January that we have already paid for and no return. This was written up as a wonderful place to relax and hang out????????? Help! More reviews.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

Newchate, the emphasis is on "relax and hang out" because there's very little else to do there. The water is not suitable for swimming (at least I wouldn't go in it) and the beach was made from sand that was brought in from elsewhere. It's ok for boating - using a boat to get out into the Gulf. Water in Tampa Bay is very murky.

There is a restaurant on site, but that's about it.

If you look at a map of where Ruskin is the nearest good beach with good bathing water is at St. Pete Beach.

Reply to: The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ruskin