We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Augustine/Point Vedre Fl

cleveland, oh
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
St Augustine/Point Vedre Fl

Any suggestions for restaurants or hotels. Coming in on Skybus lat e on 04/24/08 staying for 5 days. Currently booked at Point Vedre Inn. How are the beaches are in Point Vedre or St Augustine? This vacation will be all adults. Some pics of St. Augustine Beach looked like it was a long walk down steps to get to beach? Any sugguestions would help.

St. Augustine FL
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Augustine/Point Vedre Fl

The beaches are nice. You can walk right from your car to the beach (no steps) at Vilano Beach (surf side area) - closest to Ponde Vedre.

st augustine fl
Level Contributor
299 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Augustine/Point Vedre Fl

I have a suggestion for you for a hotel. The Hampton Inn and Suites on Vilano Beach. It is a short walk to the beach and close to St. Augustine maybe a five minute drive instead of a twenty or so minute drive from Ponte Vedra. The Hampton is rated 4.5 and #2 in popularity. the rates are about same as the Ponte Vedra Inn.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Saint Augustine...
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Augustine/Point Vedre Fl

or you could stay at hampton inn on st augustine beach and you will still be close to downtown only about 5 minutes. Ponte Vedra beach would take you 20 minutes to get to downtown st augustine. Enjoy your stay in St.Augustine .

Mehmet

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Augustine/Point Vedre Fl

I second the suggestion for Hampton Inn on Vilano Beach. We have stayed there a few times and loved it. It's very clean and has a nice pool area.

Salisbury, North...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Augustine/Point Vedre Fl

I would suggest taking the Red trains around town for one fee you can travel all around St Augustine and they make many stops you can get off shop dine tour and then get back on at pretty much 15 minute intervals until 430 pm they also give you history of the area ..... I like Vilano beach close to where you are they have bathrooms a shower you can drive on the beach if you want check the dinning area on the site you will get a good idea of good places

6. Re: St Augustine/Point Vedre Fl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 17:20
Get answers to your questions about St. Augustine